Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Double Dragster -Tin Edition

Tom Jackson

i recently picked up one of the boxed kits on clearance at Hobby Lobby, and having read through this thread i was somewhat apprehensive of finding unusable parts, etc... well; i was SO impressed with the coolness in that box i went BACK and scored two more. mind you that there was no colored glass and no second full tree of chrome, but the sheer load of sixties' performance stuff AND two decent quickchange differentials made it worth every cent IMHO. toss in the new piecrust slicks and i'm grinning like the Cheshire cat. trouble is, i gave away ALL of my thirties' models a couple of years ago... all of my A's and Deuces are long gone......

as far as i'm concerned, AMT (present owners) can reissue any darn thing they want to. i'll be more than willing to buy one, at least.

The boxed kit should have two chrome trees.One for the rail and one for the Fiat.

Look at the bottom of the box.

two and a third; one extra set of chromed spoke rims and dished rear mags. the tin box supposedly got two FULL trees for those with the extra set of Chevrolet chrome parts. besides, if I turn the box upside down to look at it, the contents will fall out. I'm busily building these critters.

two and a third; one extra set of chromed spoke rims and dished rear mags. the tin box supposedly got two FULL trees for those with the extra set of Chevrolet chrome parts. besides, if I turn the box upside down to look at it, the contents will fall out. I'm busily building these critters.

Maybe your post should have stated it didn't have a THIRD FULL SET OF CHROME!

• 6 years later...