Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Moebius Ford Pick-ups 1971 Ranger XLT AND 1969 Custom SWB

SteveG

I can't wait to these kits out on the store shelfs & A big thanks to Moebius for some kick butt model kits here lately. Keep them comin and I'll keep buying them.

+2! :D A HUGE thank you to Moebius for the awesome kits we've been getting lately and enjoying,you've earned a loyal and happy customer here :D

Is it just me or is mobius looking to become a big time player in the model car/truck world? They certianly have done their homework with regards to subjects and seem to care about the products that they release. Every time i hear mobius I wonder if its another one of my favorite subjects they have decided to kit.

I cant wait until these come out, but i have a question, ive heard alot of good about mobious, it might be a stupid question but ive never built any of there kits or seen any in person but, are they resin kits or plastic like a regular model kit.

Moebius kits are standard plastic, released in regular kit boxes. The Hudson Hornet and Chrysler 300 boxes are about the same size as the current Revell boxes while the Lonestar is about the size of two boxes. Instructions on the 300 are spectacular but the Lonestar's leave a lot to the imagination (the RoG reissue has excellent instructions, however).

• 4 weeks later...

These kits should be awesome.

When it comes to kit manufacturers these days, Moebius is the money! :)

B)

moebius is a great company i have the hornet kit i tlked to dave burkett on accasions he is planning to do a 73-79 ford pickup after the 71 f-100 kits with accurate long bed lengths and a short bed version with six cylinder and a 302 v8 option and he he they are gonna do a new tooling of a 61-66 ford pickup as well he said they may dew a new 67-72 chevy pickup but i have enough of those already but looking forward to the 71 ford there never was a kit made of that generation truck

moebius is a great company i have the hornet kit i tlked to dave burkett on accasions he is planning to do a 73-79 ford pickup after the 71 f-100 kits with accurate long bed lengths and a short bed version with six cylinder and a 302 v8 option and he he they are gonna do a new tooling of a 61-66 ford pickup as well he said they may dew a new 67-72 chevy pickup but i have enough of those already but looking forward to the 71 ford there never was a kit made of that generation truck

If this is true it will be the first time that I will literally buy a case of one model. This is my absolute favourite Ford truck of all time! B)

I get the impression that most of their marketing efforts currently are devoted to getting the International ProStar to market. Once that hits the shelves we might start seeing more information about these.

Trust me, there will be a few announcements of new stuff from Moebius before the New Year ends in 12 months!

Art

Art,

Must you tease us like that? :D

What ever they come up with is sure to be a hit and I am getting anxious to see what they bring us, this year and in the coming years!

While it can be said our hobby ain't what it used to be, news of kits like these is definitely a sign that our wishes and voices are being heard.

My dad bought a bright red '71 F150 Custom long wide box brand new from Springfield Motor Products in Oakbank, Manitoba. he traded in our red and white '65 F100 lwb Custom Cab with a 240 and a four speed in on it which really irked me because I had a real thing for that '65.

The '71 had a 302 and a 3 speed standard transmission and it was a slug, but I really came to like the looks of the truck and the way that it drove. It had no power steering or power brakes but it drove like a car and I was again really bummed out when he traded it in three years later on a used '73 GMC Camper Special three quarter ton. I hated that truck and how it rode like a tank and guzzled gas like nothing I had ever seen. <br />

Years later, I owned a red '69 Ranger that was a gorgeous looking truck until I had an accident with it and I sold it about a year later. It was repaired and I used to see it around up until the last few years.<br />Today, I have a burgundy and white '71 Ranger XLT F150 that I want to make into a decent driver one day.

I sure do like the '67-79 Ford trucks.. now if someone would consider making a '73-79 F150 Super Cab...<br />I'm really fired up about this pending release.. thank you to those who stepped out and who are making this become a reality. I, for one, have no issues with these trucks being five dollars more than an AMT or Revell kit. I think that AMT in particular has become too complacent with their following and lets face it - you can only release a '64 Impala or a '57 Chevy so many times before they become - well - kinda stale...??? R/M has made an effort but Moebius will leave them all in the dust if they continue to think outside the box and listen to the people who buy their products. There's definitely been some interesting stuff come forward during the last couple of years such as Trumpeter's '64 Falcon and the Moebius offerings. I think that the other manufacturers could learn a thing or two from these guys as far as diversifying molds to offer more new kits without completely retooling. the trumpeter Falcons and Ranchero is a good example of that. It's going to be an interesting year...

Edited by impcon