Model Cars Magazine Forum

ungluing

How long ago was it put together? That can make a difference sometimes. You could put the model in the freezer for a few hours, and if the glue isnt too heavy it ought to pop apart. I also think I heard about using mineral spirits on testers but I am not sure.

How long ago was it put together? That can make a difference sometimes. You could put the model in the freezer for a few hours, and if the glue isnt too heavy it ought to pop apart. I also think I heard about using mineral spirits on testers but I am not sure.

Put together over a month ago and went heavy with the glue where it wouldn't show. Kit is a Revel 40 ford convertable street rod and I can't find any new kits anywhere including Revel.

If the body is ok, the newer Revell 40 Ford coupe Street Rod has the same chassis & engine & is easily available at hobby shops & Wal-Mart, in a "Goodguys" themed box.

If not, the freezer will probably work. Mineral spirits may work, (having never tried the mineral spirit I can't verify), or if your local hobby shop has a superglue debonder, that often works on regular model cement as well. I've used that in the past, & the version I used was made by Pacer & is called "Z-7". If you can't find it at a hobby shop, here's a link to the page on it in the Micro-Mark catalog:

http://www.ares-server.com/Ares/Ares.asp?M...ct&ID=80887

:unsure:

Nope, freezer didn't work. Have had it in there for 4 hours. I'll let it stay overnight. No superglue debonding available at my LHS. I think that best play, I really want a convertable, is to get the coupe kit. dremal off the top section, do the same with my convertable, and match them up. Comments?