Model Cars Magazine Forum

Waiting on the London Bus?

Whoever gets this first, please show the contents of it. I'd really and truly appreciate it. (Big Kahuna, did you get one?)

Model Round Up has it listed for early March (just a few more days)

http://www.modelroundup.com/category-s/42.htm

And I would love to do a CB to see how many of these suckers can be build in a multitude of ways . . .

If you are interested, you can go here:

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=54521

I did get to see the test shots of this model at NNL south. The bus looks AWESOME! If I am not mistaken it even has power options (multiple engine choices; to be able to build most of the years the bus was actually made. The molding was very crisp; and the prototype buildup looked enticing...even though I don't really build any of the smaller stuff anymore; I may have to have a couple of these. .............Matt

I bought a couple of them, as I can only see them going up in value, one I will build, the other will be for the future, but I'm not sure when I am going to get round to building the first one, but it will be done as a 1960' London bus with the Leyland engine fitted.

Revell_RML1.jpg

DSCF3962.jpg

DSCF3961.jpg

DSCF3960.jpg

DSCF3959.jpg

I got one from Europe. It looks like a GREAT kit but it is the most intimidating kit I have ever bought and I've bought a bunch. The reason is the way it is built. You build the interior as a core then wrap the body around it. There is NO way to paint the body as a whole....so it will take some skill to assemble.....ery different.

This looks like another "Must Have" kit for sure...amazing!

Now if we could get a modern North American public transit bus in 1/24-1/25 scale...something like an Orion or New Flyer 40 foot or 60 foot articulated bus...or a new Alexander Denis Enviro 500 double decker to go with this one!

Edited by Tony T

You build the interior as a core then wrap the body around it. There is NO way to paint the body as a whole....so it will take some skill to assemble.....ery different.

Dave,

That's the way plane modelers have to build ALL of their models. If you know any plane builders in your area, hit them up for some tips. They have a whole set of tools and masking materials that they use.

I have built some racing plane models and the skills I learned in painting those gave me a whole new level of confidence when it comes to masking and painting.

Edited by Nitro Neil

That's the way plane modelers have to build ALL of their models. If you know any plane builders in your area, hit them up for some tips. They have a whole set of tools and masking materials that they use.

Funny you say that!!! My project right now is a B-17G 1/48 that I have added electric motors to spin the props! This bus is on a scale bigger than the B-36 I built! (complex wise)

Is there a 1:32 scale version of this? the reason I ask is because I was thumbing through the Revell Germany catalog a couple of days ago at the hobby shop, and I saw a Routemaster bus listed, but the description said it was 1:32, and I didn't see one anywhere listed as 1:24. Are there two kits, or was that just a typo?

Is there a 1:32 scale version of this? the reason I ask is because I was thumbing through the Revell Germany catalog a couple of days ago at the hobby shop, and I saw a Routemaster bus listed, but the description said it was 1:32, and I didn't see one anywhere listed as 1:24. Are there two kits, or was that just a typo?

Revell was originally going to release this kit in the scale of 1:32nd and even put that information in there catalogue, but they had a re-think and they released it in the European scale of 1;24th instead.

Revell was originally going to release this kit in the scale of 1:32nd and even put that information in there catalogue, but they had a re-think and they released it in the European scale of 1;24th instead.

Ah- makes sense. The price he quoted me was a lot more digestible for a 1:24 scale kit, I will say that!

Hi buddies,

i can understand the fever of this kit. Chuck, it is defenly 1:24.

In my german forum, there is the fever too.

If it is allowed, i will give you only links - the pictures are not working... :(

The first completed Routemaster

The guy, Micheal, how made him is now working on it to give him all the lights he has : WIP Routemaster with lights

Another one: Routemaster Brakdowntender RM66

and the same as WIP: Breakdown Tender

Another WIP: Routemaster Open Top

This bus is amazing and - so they tell - it is in high quality to build to.

Edited by Dominik