Model Cars Magazine Forum

1957 VOODOO VETTE... Zinger Style... The Driver...

Brizio

It is better start to do something... So I decide to build this kit, and probably build it as gasser, it would be my first experience on gasser, so any idea it is welcome.
The kit is a ok kit, plenty of molding and flashing everywhere... The plastic also is very brittle, and the clear part, above all the windshield is covered of scratches.

My idea is to build it as gasser, but put a big motor on it, instead to use the one from the kit...

Here the kit...
img7501vi.jpg

Edited by Brizio

I have this same kit. All I can say is good luck, you'll need it. From some of your posts, I feel you will be able to get past all the shortcomings of this kit. I know the picture on the box was airbrushed, because nothing fits well on this kit. The front end coves do not match the body coves at all. If you had a solid body car I think it would be easier to cut it than to fix this body. Once again, good luck, and I'll be watching your progress.

Lookin good Briz!

Thank you!

I have the same kit and i agree with THarrison but since mine is gonna be a raggedy gasser im not too worried on fit

Probably I'm not worry too... :D I foud a Weird Wheels card, the one on the 1980 bubble gum, so I will build something different.

Oh wow, Oh wow, Oh wow. When I saw the first pic of the 1/12 engine I thought you were being funny. Then I looked back at your first post, "Big Motor" literally. I've got to see the end results. Like an MPC Zinger.

LOL, you know Bigger is Better... :)

Thank you for watching!

Yesterday I quick look a the body, and I think to don't use the one that came with the kit, the flip nose doesn't fit very well the rest of the car, and also if it fit, it looks like pulling down little bit. So I think to use another body, I don't remember the kit brand, but it is molded in red. :)

I always smile when I see how you fit these monster engines into such small chassis.

Glad I make you smile! :)

WOW!!!!!!

Thanks!

This is why I opted for a different body, one reason is that I prefer it, and the other is that the flip nose doesn't fit the body very well.

img8854vi.jpg