Model Cars Magazine Forum

1,183hp 2013 Shelby GT500 S/C

Thats right, 1,183 horse power in a Shelby GT500 Mustang, only 100 will be made and if you have $ 153,000 to spend , you might be able to get one

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/shelby-mustang-gt500-sc-1000-revealed-2013-03-26

Large20Image_zps50b88e20.jpg

Things in America seem to be getting a bit silly. Jaguar's given us a 542bhp XJ and an even more focused GT version of its really very focused XKR-S, Dodge launched its extremely orange Viper track special, and Ford a 300 horsepower Tanner Foust edition Focus ST. But Shelby's taken the biscuit with this, a £101,000, 1200hp Mustang.

As well as the price, power and number of letters on the back, Shelby's also increased engine displacement - the standard GT500 has a piffling 5.4-litres, but the SMGTSC1k (snappy) has been bored to 5.8-litres and a brace of new internals. To cope with the increase in supercharger boost, there are meatier pistons and connecting rods, as well as an uprated crankshaft.

Suspension's spec's pretty scant, but we do know it's fully adjustable, though it looks like the live rear axle, the design for which was discovered in the Ark of the Covenant, is still very much there. Luckily, the brakes have been tinkered with to haul it up from the currently unannounced (but definitely stupid considering the GT500 goes 202mph) top speed.

100 will be made. Have you got a £101,000 knocking around? And would you spend it on this?

Edited by martinfan5

Haha, why would you buy a Bugatti Veyron since now you can get something a bit more powerful straight from the factory. B) It looks much better than that Bugatti does, too.

If I had the money, I'd get one right away.

Haha, why would you buy a Bugatti Veyron since now you can get something a bit more powerful straight from the factory. B) It looks much better than that Bugatti does, too.

If I had the money, I'd get one right away.

I would take a Veyron over this any day of the week, yes it has HP close to the Veyron, but its not as fast, going by the written words, it tops out a 202, thats sad, and its still going to drive like a Mustang, so nothing great there either.

Not saying I wouldnt buy one, because I could see myself buying one

You can certainly build a 1200Hp 'Stang easily and far more cheaply but it wouldn't be the same car.

This car can EPA and DOT.

Ford would be far better off building a dedicated 'sport car'-like the "Vette is to GM. Instead of this '60's throw-back, non-tech BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH. Even the Viper-8 liters of pushrods-has a better niche following. They sell more than 100 of those.

Kinda funny, Fusions, Focus', and MPG is the Ford message for the 21st century-then THIS... :blink:

I would take a Veyron over this any day of the week, yes it has HP close to the Veyron, but its not as fast, going by the written words, it tops out a 202, thats sad, and its still going to drive like a Mustang, so nothing great there either.

Not saying I wouldnt buy one, because I could see myself buying one

Of course you would take the Veyron over this, it's more than a million dollars more. The article stated that the regular 662HP GT500 tops at 202, and that the top speed of this car has not been announced.

-MJS

Of course you would take the Veyron over this, it's more than a million dollars more. The article stated that the regular 662HP GT500 tops at 202, and that the top speed of this car has not been announced.

-MJS

Of course I would ;)

I like what I like

LIke I said, I would still buy this one as well, but if I had a choice, it would be the Veyron first, then the Stang

I do see that I was wrong with the top speed, I should of figured that this one would go a little faster then 202mph :lol:

Edited by martinfan5

Uh, they expect those tires to hook 1,200 BHP to the ground?

-MJS

This! For that money you get a dyno queen with a Shelby serial number. If you hit it in fourth gear at 65mph it would be all over the place. I am a Mustang guy but to me this is over kill.

This! For that money you get a dyno queen with a Shelby serial number. If you hit it in fourth gear at 65mph it would be all over the place. I am a Mustang guy but to me this is over kill.

1000 HP on Mustang suspension, that does not equal out very well