Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monkeyshine

James2

Definition: A mischievous or playful trick,

MS11.jpg

I built and sold this one some time ago. I wanted an older un-polished look but still look like a proper Hot Rod.

Mostly dry brushing, powders and water color. The engine is PB pieces with the intake from a Woody's kit.

Also tried to make some welds. I think there is a company that has resin welds, they look better.

I should have put some BMF behind the tail lights. The roof cover is tissue and white glue, then colored.

MS13.jpg

MS14.jpg

MS17.jpg

I may have to do another rusty soon...

Edited by James2

That looks really good- interesting intake, weathering looks really good.

For the welds, you should make the paint either look "burned" or ground off (or a combination of both) around them. Otherwise the weathing looks amazing.

Edited by TheRX7Project

That is nice one! Excellent overall look and nice work with the weathering. It looks like an old '32 that has been years in a barn, and then HotRodder has built it and decided not to paint it.... Great job, and thanks for not calling it a Rat Rod.

I wasn't sure what to expect with that name, way cool is what I would call it. All the weathering is perfect and I love all the little touches like the chain in f ront, the grill, the trunk, the wheels and tires, the soft top, the visor and every thing else. NICE!!!!! B)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...