Model Cars Magazine Forum

Teresi: "Dyno Drags" new project 3-8-12 Finished pictures posted 6/17/12

John, you have to be the most prolific builder I have ever seen. While words fail to adequately express my admiration for your talent, skill and passion, I did want to thank you for unselfishly sharing your secrets with us. I learn something new from every WIP you share on this forum. I'll be following this one as well, but wanted you to know that by sharing these, you're performing a great service to all of us and I for one can't thank you enough.

John, you have to be the most prolific builder I have ever seen. While words fail to adequately express my admiration for your talent, skill and passion, I did want to thank you for unselfishly sharing your secrets with us. I learn something new from every WIP you share on this forum. I'll be following this one as well, but wanted you to know that by sharing these, you're performing a great service to all of us and I for one can't thank you enough.

Ditto, what he said, and all that, my god John, you ARE THE MOST PROLIFIC BUILDER i have come across in a long time, I'm still trying to finish the reapers ride i started dec 2010!!! you have done line 10 full off customs since then, keep it up as always my eyes will be glued to this post and ever build you do now and in the future......... B)

Hello......thank you for the kind comments.........I started converting the Ford Aeromax into the Freightliner........please *note that this is in the early "Rough" stages.....I will work on the secound 1/2 of the cab tomorrow.......thanks for looking.

DSCF0493.jpg

DSCF0497.jpg

DSCF0495.jpg

DSCF0496.jpg

DSCF0506.jpg

Hey John. This looks like a great project! Your dad has quite an amazing project of his own. I remember meeting you at a model show in Victorville a few years ago. IIRC, it was your 1st competition. I was there with the offroad racer model group. Your cars were very impressive then and you haven't gone backwards since.

John, this is sure to be a wild project for sure. Is this operation really based out of Ft. Lauderdale, and if so are they planning on attending Bike Week here that cranks up this weekend? I would love to see this in person.

Usually right off Main st.....Near the Boothill...on the other side......look for the smoke!

Hello......thank you for the kind comments.......I got the cab interior,chassis and wheels mocked-up......I did some work on the fifth wheel and drag strip......I will finish up the rear of the cab and drag strip tomorrow...... this is still in the rough stages......thanks for looking.

DSCF0524.jpg

DSCF0525.jpg

DSCF0522.jpg

DSCF0523.jpg

DSCF0526.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Semi-unrelated question...

But do you display all of your built models at home? Where and how?

Harry......actually at this time I am living with my Mother and Brother.......I have my own room and all my possessions are stored in the garage......this is what happens when you go thru 3 marriages and kids.......but,actually its not that bad......I am just about back on my feet.....to answer your question when I am finished building a model it goes in a box and is stored away.......when I go to a model car show I will bring a few models out of storage......I have quit a few......but,a few I have made for friends or family.......this current build will go to Sturgis at my fathers Easyriders Saloon restaurant for display.....I sure wish I could display all my stuff........thanks for asking.

Edited by John Teresi