Model Cars Magazine Forum

M.A.S.K.

Trans Am Erik

Very cool project. Brought back a lot of great memories. I had the purple truck when I was a kid, it was 1/24 scale, my brothers had the green bike and the camaro that you're doing here. Cant remember other vehicles we had. Mum got it for me for Christmas, I think I was 8 years old. They were the coolest toys at the time. Cheers

Ben

Edited by Bennyg

Erik, you are doing a really great job here. I like the idea of posing Thunderhawk as if it were up in the air.

As for Hurricane and Scorpion...I had almost forgotten hurricane. And I found my old Scorpion at my mom and dad's house the other day. A little dusty but, otherwise in good shape.

Erik, you are doing a really great job here. I like the idea of posing Thunderhawk as if it were up in the air.

As for Hurricane and Scorpion...I had almost forgotten hurricane. And I found my old Scorpion at my mom and dad's house the other day. A little dusty but, otherwise in good shape.

My origional Hurricane and Scorpion are in some of the earlier pics. I'm also planning on displaying Gator and Raven in false water from model rail roads.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't get much time in the model room these days chasing my little one around, but I Thunderhawk is back on the bench! I am really glad to see there is still interest in my build. I'll post pics real soon. I am fabricating the duct work from the scoops on the underbelly to the jets. I've turned the steering wheel into a flight yoke. I also have a new display stand from a 1:43 SR-71 Blackbird. I was undecided on the wheels, but I am going to stick to the Centerlines that came on the car.

Edited by Trans Am Erik