Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 BJ & the Bear WIP update 1st Oct 2012

This is what i'm currently working on, AMT rig, shortened the frame, a friend taught me some lathe basic's & i machined up the fuel tanks & caps (got to drill the holes to fit the caps yet) & put on aluminum straps. The trailer is an Italeri 48 footer cut back to 40 feet. I made a mold & cast one of the rear doors then cut it to fit on the side. Made the king pin on the lathe. The 2 hole Budds are from Jamie aka 73gmc454 (Thanks). I,m trying to find wiring diagrams for truck & trailer & Aluminum wheels for the truck. The original inspiration came from Missing in Action's Bj rig (thanks). Feel free to comment, good or bad, tips useful.

IMGP1439.jpg

IMGP1443.jpg

IMGP1442.jpg

IMGP1441.jpg

IMGP1440.jpg

Edited by Yahshu

Ok, here's a bit more, my friend made the air cleaner for me & showed me how to use the mill to drill the holes for the fuel tank caps. I made the air tank for the trailer out of some scrap plastic rod my friend had laying around his workshop, just got to build the legs for it, the tank next to it is a resin peice i bought from the US (you can see why I remade it). The exhaust was bought from GR decals, just have to shorten the stacks. The truck frame was shortened by 65mm.

IMGP1444.jpg

IMGP1449.jpg

IMGP1448.jpg

IMGP1447.jpg

Edited by Yahshu

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry , this has been going a bit slow, works busy & I've had to build a new spray booth as the old one was way to small. any way this is what progress I've made so far. Wheels 1st, Jim Littiken rims, Ben Wicker hubs (sorry to keep you waiting) & RB Motion stud nuts, they look real good all together (the hubs will be painted), Working steering made from brass & sewing pins (a 1st for me), Got the air tank finished, Scratch built the refrigeration unit. Fixed the 5th wheel to look more accurate. Enjoy.

IMGP1688.jpg

IMGP1697.jpg

IMGP1690.jpg

IMGP1691.jpg

IMGP1692.jpg

IMGP1686.jpg

IMGP1687.jpg

IMGP1695.jpg

IMGP1696.jpg

IMGP1694.jpg

• 3 months later...

Sorry there's been no updates , been lazy, should be getting back to it soon. Just had the interior fans arrive from Walthers so I got some work there to do & I bought a sterling silver chimp for a charm braclet which has to go to the jewellers to have it's arms & legs modified, will update soon.

Sorry there's been no updates , been lazy, should be getting back to it soon. Just had the interior fans arrive from Walthers so I got some work there to do & I bought a sterling silver chimp for a charm braclet which has to go to the jewellers to have it's arms & legs modified, will update soon.

• 3 years later...

Quick update, it's sitting in a box gathering dust, been collecting more stuff for it though, Czech Truck Parts, Kit Form Services, I changed the tires as recommended.

Now looking to go all out on it after I finished my Mad Max 1 & 2 Pursuit Specials (Interceptors) (almost finished???)