Model Cars Magazine Forum

Steve Kinser Bass Pro Shops sprint car

RacinRay88

Well it's not NASCAR but its what a lot of these guys cut their teeth doing. I gotta say I underestimated this kit, I'm used to doing NASCAR kits and this one was actually more of a challenge but I enjoyed it! I've never used decal set or decal sol but I really wish I had it for this kit... The decals on the wing was a challenge. Thanks for looking

post-5275-0-03111900-1371177037_thumb.jppost-5275-0-11463000-1371177070_thumb.jppost-5275-0-76654600-1371177110_thumb.jppost-5275-0-74140900-1371177946_thumb.jp

Edited by RacinRay88

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great model! Those old sprint car kits can be fiddly, but you did a nice job.

The Kinser Bass Pro Shops kit is a new kit. The Quaker State, Superman, Coors Lite, Valvolene are older kits. I believe this kit was just released within the last year or two. Super super job on this kit.

• 3 months later...

Thanks everyone for the warm comments! I'm getting back into modeling after a little hiatus.... Just wondering what is the best 'Free' site to link pictures to on the forum these days? Or is that something they allow you to do anymore? I'd like to post my current WIP that I'm excited to show you guys and would like some encouragement.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for the warm comments! I'm getting back into modeling after a little hiatus.... Just wondering what is the best 'Free' site to link pictures to on the forum these days? Or is that something they allow you to do anymore? I'd like to post my current WIP that I'm excited to show you guys and would like some encouragement.

Great looking model.

As Bruce mentioned, Photobucket works well with only a few minor PITA issues.

I love me some sprint car's, fellow member JustBill got me hooked on them and I built one last year. You did a nice job on it and like Bruce and Bill I use Photobucket with no issues for free. Be sure to share the current WIP once you get the photo sharing sorted.

• 3 weeks later...

The Kinser Bass Pro Shops kit is a new kit. The Quaker State, Superman, Coors Lite, Valvolene are older kits. I believe this kit was just released within the last year or two. Super super job on this kit.

I think what he meant is that other than decals & a tire & wheel change, these sprint car kits are unchanged since their introduction in around 1987. There is a few places where you can get the parts & pieces to update one to current styles.,Great job on those decals, they can be a real thrill.