Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 Revell Foose '68 Firebird

jeffs396

Any pictures of the wheels on the chrome tree? From the box art pic it looks like the usual tires seen on the California Wheels/Motor City Muscle kits...

I think these are the "diescast style" large diameter tires, seen in the Revell '62 Impala and '57 Bel Air kits, which work with the one-piece wheels. The matching wheels would be the type with the ribs on the wheel's outer circumference if they are what I'm thinking they are (i.e., not gonna buy this kit to find out).

The engine is wrong in the kit. That particular show has aired a few times in the past few weeks. The real car has a LS Chevy engine swapped into it. Seems Revell put little effort into this kit by just combining existing tools and a new decal sheet to make a "new" kit. Save your money...Revell did. Might be the same deal with the other Foose kit coming out later this year.

That's my point though...we can't always go by the box art as a representation of what's TRULY in the box.

We need pics of the actual parts!

That`s what I was thinking. Those wheels on the box just look.....weird. Unless it`s just the shape of the box, the angle of the wheels and some of the shading makes it looks like they might have been added after the fact.

I meant to try to pick on of these up this week, but were already sold out locally when I went to check.

Guest G Holding

Well I guess I am stupid....Its sold as custom....and if you can't lower a plastic car....

I guess Revell should MAKE a brand new everything for y'all...I know if they knew sales # before, then they might spend the $$$... Me I will get a few.

This reminds me of the 50 Olds review...cept its time for Foose Bashing

CAN WE BE POSITIVE HERE EVER ?????

Well I guess I am stupid....Its sold as custom....and if you can't lower a plastic car....

The box art shows an illustration of a lowered car...if the kit doesn't include the parts to do that, then that's misleading..not to mention the tires are pathetic, as narrow as motorcycle tires.

CAN WE BE POSITIVE HERE EVER ?????

Why? There should be legitimate criticism here..this isn't a Revell rah-rah site.

ok i will take the hint: i am positive i will not be buying this release.

youre welcome.

:lol:

see the problem is: when everyone is "positive" then in this case the manufacturers are led to believe we are all, well, easily led and will buy anything. i prefer to be a realist and in the long run, so do they...or at least their sales numbers will reflect a certain reality.

The problem is that you market something as "Foose" car, when it is at best much like a movie...inspired by a Chip Foose vehicle. I actually don't think it was beyond expectations for them to re-tool the interior, put the correct engine in it, and lower the suspension. Now is that going to get you the necessary ROI? Granted probably not, but I bet the would have sold more if them THAT way rather than taking a kit that was already on active release in the current catalog, add some decals, a shoddy attempt at the wheels, and paint the engine monochrome black. Oooooooo look it's KUSTOM! No it's not, it's another half-hearted attempt as reissuing something while not calling it a reissue.

Hope everyone is ready to belly up to the bar for another helping of "blah" this month with the next "Based on a True Chip Foose Story" debacle.

I have to wonder if Revell isn't attempting their own "collectible" line-up. Like when AMT took several trucks (including ridiculously a Ranger) and linked them with Coke and sold a boatload to people with no intention of building them, just collecting them as Coke object de art. Round 2 later did it by tying in the Texaco brand to the '50 Chevy. Are Foose fans devoted enough to buy this just for the box art? Guess time will tell if we start seeing autographed copies on eBay.

I guess Revell thought they could push more product w/ a dubious tie-in to Foose instead of marking it as another of their 'California Wheels' or 'Motor City Muscle' series kits...which are the same idea--big wheels and tires, different decals sometimes. Kind of like the kits AMT retooled with junky wheels/tires as 'Boyd Coddington' and 'Rides' kits about 10 years ago...

Guest G Holding

"Why? There should be legitimate criticism here..this isn't a Revell rah-rah site."

I was taught two things...If you can't say something nice....then stay quiet.

As a business owner, I would only resell what THE CUSTOMERS BOUGHT...I know thats a unusual idea...BUT if they don't sell, Revell will get the message.

As I kitbash, I will buy the revell quality vs old AMT stuff that is awful.

And I know how many HATE big wheels and low profile rubber, but look at the shows today, lots of BIG rubber out there. Not all of us build stock with rubber band dinky tires...Its all taste.

"Why? There should be legitimate criticism here..this isn't a Revell rah-rah site."

I was taught two things...If you can't say something nice....then stay quiet.

Quaint.

And I know how many HATE big wheels and low profile rubber, but look at the shows today, lots of BIG rubber out there. Not all of us build stock with rubber band dinky tires...Its all taste.

I like big wheels and tires, but Revell executed these poorly. The tires are very narrow, the wheels slightly resemble the ones on the box art.