Model Cars Magazine Forum

What are the colours for the new Z06?

Here ya go...

Velocity Yellow, Atomic Orange, Victory Red, Monterey Red Metallic, Le Mans Blue, Arctic White, Machine Silver Metallic and Black.

Go to Chevrolet.com and see what they look like on the car.

http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette/colors/

The fine print says "Monterey Red Metallic and Arctic White not available on Z06."

Hey John,

They already answered about the colors. Just to say I think black is a very nice color for a Z06. For my second one, I will probably go LeMans blue and then if I have time for a third one, it will be black.

52470IMG_1622.jpg

2006_Z06_024.jpg

It looks sinister 8)

Thanks,

Guest zebm1

Green, silver or gold flake or perhaps a combo) with much darker leaf green accents from front to rear........why be common.

Enjoy life, it's all we have. Paraphrased-Epicurus

Now ya done it Dave!

I want an Atomic Orange Z06 and it doesn't look like Cobra Colors offers it.

Bummer!

Well, whydontcha email Leon and tell him you want it!! I'll bet he's already planning it. I told him awhile back about someone spotting Plum Crazy and Sublime Charger Daytonas at the factory, he got his info. and found out they are '07 colors, and they're on his list 8)

As Bob mentioned, I was able to recently add some new '07 colors including Plum Crazy, Sublime & Ford's Grabber Orange, but I'm still trying to pin down Atomic Orange. August is kind of a hit or miss transition month for new colors, but I will definitely have it available as soon as possible.

Tamiya sprays dry rapidly; but I use a dehydrator so I'm not sure if you are letting it dry in ambient conditions. In this summer heat overnight/24 hours should be fine. If you can still smell it, it's too wet. Put in a warm, dry spot and you can work on it in no time.

Tamiya sprays dry rapidly; but I use a dehydrator so I'm not sure if you are letting it dry in ambient conditions. In this summer heat overnight/24 hours should be fine. If you can still smell it, it's too wet. Put in a warm, dry spot and you can work on it in no time.

Thanks Bob. I'll give it a few days before I polish.

We seem to have lost the heat wave we had as it's only 62 instead of 92 a week ago.

I'm not complaining BTW. I'm a puddle when it's 92. It was over 100 with the humidity and that's way too hot for Canada.

Thanks Bob. I'll give it a few days before I polish.

We seem to have lost the heat wave we had as it's only 62 instead of 92 a week ago.

I'm not complaining BTW. I'm a puddle when it's 92. It was over 100 with the humidity and that's way too hot for Canada.

Lucky you; it's been about 95-98 degrees here for the past month and a half; everyone feels like they're hibernating from the heat, staying indoors in the A/C. They say it may get all the way down to 85 here over the weekend. Promises, promises :roll: :wink:

And a food dehyrator really is an awesome tool; drying paint, primer, putty, warming cans of paint before spraying, drying off a model after washing, drying decals. I can't live w/o it :D But your model should be fine after a few days, Tamiya dries pretty rapidly. If it were Testors enamels I'd say you could deal with it by October.