Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Moebius Ford Pick-ups 1971 Ranger XLT AND 1969 Custom SWB

SteveG

Sean's build up is a second test shot - not the finished product. We are currently waiting for a third test shot-

As far as I can tell revisions have not been finished on tooling for that test shot, since I was sent electronic files of parts to be revised 2 days ago and asked to approve them.

Dave

Any info or pre-production photos of the smooth sided reefer trailer?

Sean's build up is a second test shot - not the finished product. We are currently waiting for a third test shot-

As far as I can tell revisions have not been finished on tooling for that test shot, since I was sent electronic files of parts to be revised 2 days ago and asked to approve them.

Dave

This is why I like the fact that they have a presence here on the forum. So much was stated and speculated without firsthand knowledge and then someone who actually is involved clears it up.

Thanks for clarifying the situation Dave and I am looking forward to this kit. I appreciate the effort to "make things right" with this and all of your kits, shows me there is hope for our hobby.

A little detour here. A suggestion for moebius concerning big rig trailers. 3 from Mac trailer, a polished spread axle high side end dump, a 48' drop deck, closed or spread axle option, and a polished pneumatic. From beall, a fuel tanker and polished set of pneumatic doubles.

A little detour here. A suggestion for moebius concerning big rig trailers. 3 from Mac trailer, a polished spread axle high side end dump, a 48' drop deck, closed or spread axle option, and a polished pneumatic. From beall, a fuel tanker and polished set of pneumatic doubles.

Modern American Aluminum Dump (Tipper) Trailer 1/24th - 1/25th Scale

http://ideas.revell.de/ideas/item/3309/

According to Moebius Facebook page, they will offer new trucks and trailers as long as they sell well. I have suggested on their FB page an aluminum spread axle flatbed trailer.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Moebius-Models/152580141448964

Revell offers a Beall tanker.

114969-10592.jpg?nr=07554&company=revell

I have a 1st test shot of the trailer on top of my tool box in the work room now - If I can get away from this computer for a while, I'll go throw some paint at it and try to build the cahssis for it.. then MAYBE, I can post some photos...

Thanks.

The revell tanker is discontinued, but that does mean the tooling exists. Thanks dave, were dyin to see the new trailer, nobody has seem any pics of it and its gonna be released here soon, a teaser shot would be great.

A truck idea id like to see get made by moebius, a KW 660.

Sorry the truck builders kinda hi jacked the post, but we'd like some info too, from an insider.

I did vote chuck, on as many as i could!

Edited by Petetrucker07

The revell tanker is discontinued, but that does mean the tooling exists. Thanks dave, were dyin to see the new trailer, nobody has seem any pics of it and its gonna be released here soon, a teaser shot would be great.

A truck idea id like to see get made by moebius, a KW 660.

Sorry the truck builders kinda hi jacked the post, but we'd like some info too, from an insider.

I did vote chuck, on as many as i could!

You need to revisit the Revell Share Your Dream site and scan all of the choices. The Beall tanker is there as a reissue vote. I have the KW 680 as a suggestion. There several flatbed suggestions as well as other interesting subjects. You can vote again once a day.

Kenworth T680 1/24th - 1/25th Scale

http://ideas.revell.de/ideas/item/2851/

The 660 is a different style, than the 680, completely. My suggestions were for moebius, id like to see them make those. We cant rely on revell only. Moebius needs a suggestion board like what revell has.

Edited by Petetrucker07

Guys, this is a thread about pickup trucks. This area is for kit news and reviews, not "I want them to make this" type of topics.

If you have questions or comments regarding big rig stuff, you need to start a new thread in the correct place (Truck Stop).

Waiting for third test shot now - as I said previously that will take a while since I only got some 3Ds for some revised parts this past week.

Wish I could give a date.

Believe me you can't imagine how much I wish I could give a date!

Edited by Dave Metzner

Waiting for third test shot now - as I said previously that will take a while since I only got some 3Ds for some revised parts this past week.

Wish I could give a date.

Believe me you can't imagine how much I wish I could give a date!

Unlike many here that "can't wait" for this kit, (or any other kit from any other manufacturer), to be released, I'd personally rather that all the flaws & issues get corrected, all the kinks worked out & all the "I's" dotted & "T's" crossed instead of rushing to meet an announced release date. It's not like the release of any kit is vital to solving world hunger, bringing about world peace, or easing the heartbreak of psoriasis. Taking the time to make it as accurate as possible, (please note all, I'm not asking for it to be "perfect", I know that there's no such thing), to me is more important than rushing it to market. Please get this one accurate.

Unlike many here that "can't wait" for this kit, (or any other kit from any other manufacturer), to be released, I'd personally rather that all the flaws & issues get corrected, all the kinks worked out & all the "I's" dotted & "T's" crossed instead of rushing to meet an announced release date. It's not like the release of any kit is vital to solving world hunger, bringing about world peace, or easing the heartbreak of psoriasis. Taking the time to make it as accurate as possible, (please note all, I'm not asking for it to be "perfect", I know that there's no such thing), to me is more important than rushing it to market. Please get this one accurate.

You're not gonna win. There will always be somebody that's gonna complain about some aspect of a model, no matter how miniscule or insignificant. In fact, there is a good chance some of the pleonastic posters will not even buy the pickup truck kit.

Not even a real vehicle is 100% flaw free during it's initial roll-out.

You're not gonna win. There will always be somebody that's gonna complain about some aspect of a model, no matter how miniscule or insignificant. In fact, there is a good chance some of the pleonastic posters will not even buy the pickup truck kit.

Not even a real vehicle is 100% flaw free during it's initial roll-out.

Invaild comparison, as in a 1/1 vehicle they can & do make running changes to correct flaws. The only flaws in this case that I'm speaking of are as to the kit's accuracy, or the lack thereof. In this case we can see from the tooling master to test shot #2 that something was lost as to accuracy in the process from master to test shot. Ray Charles can see those issues between the two & he's both blind & dead. Such accuracy flaws need to be addressed before the kit makes it to market.

Granted Revell & Monogram have made corrections to flawed kits during production runs, (the reversed 69 Nova gas tank & the sloping DLO on the initial 69 Chargers spring to mind), but said running changes are usually few & far between. The aforementioned Nova is proof of that as Revell has admitted that the 1/1 car they based it on had poorly fitting & inaccurate aftermarket replacement rear quarters, which is why it's rear fenderwells are so far off. They didn't bother to fix that, & I won't even mention that 90 Mustang LX abomination.

Having valid complaints, (such as a kit being inaccurate), has merit. Complainng that they should have tooled up the "extra rare Canyonero option package that was only ordered on five trucks", which is what I would consider miniscule & insignificant, isn't valid & thus lacks merit. If the kit is no more accurate than prior Mobeius vehicle kits, (excluding the International rigs), then like all the rest of their vehicle kits, (again excluding the Internationals), I too will pass on spending my discretionary income on it. So far Moebius is zero for six in selling me one of their vehicle kits, & that's not including the Model King variants. I want to add that as far as subject matter on those six kits & variants goes, each one of them was a subject I had lusted after in scale for more years than I care to admit. The fact that they have yet to sell me a single one, due to major accuracy issues, speaks volumes.

Edited by Bob Turner2

"easing the heartbreak of psoriasis" , almost made me spit my coffee all over the keyboard ! HA HA HA !

Thanks. Glad I made someone laugh & also that someone did pick up on that reference. Despite what a lot of people here think, I do possess a sense of humor......

Invaild comparison, as in a 1/1 vehicle they can & do make running changes to correct flaws. The only flaws in this case that I'm speaking of are as to the kit's accuracy, or the lack thereof. In this case we can see from the tooling master to test shot #2 that something was lost as to accuracy in the process from master to test shot. Ray Charles can see those issues between the two & he's both blind & dead. Such accuracy flaws need to be addressed before the kit makes it to market.

Granted Revell & Monogram have made corrections to flawed kits during production runs, (the reversed 69 Nova gas tank & the sloping DLO on the initial 69 Chargers spring to mind), but said running changes are usually few & far between. The aforementioned Nova is proof of that as Revell has admitted that the 1/1 car they based it on had poorly fitting & inaccurate aftermarket replacement rear quarters, which is why it's rear fenderwells are so far off. They didn't bother to fix that, & I won't even mention that 90 Mustang LX abomination.

Having valid complaints, (such as a kit being inaccurate), has merit. Complainng that they should have tooled up the "extra rare Canyonero option package that was only ordered on five trucks", which is what I would consider miniscule & insignificant, isn't valid & thus lacks merit. If the kit is no more accurate than prior Mobeius vehicle kits, (excluding the International rigs), then like all the rest of their vehicle kits, (again excluding the Internationals), I too will pass on spending my discretionary income on it. So far Moebius is zero for six in selling me one of their vehicle kits, & that's not including the Model King variants. I want to add that as far as subject matter on those six kits & variants goes, each one of them was a subject I had lusted after in scale for more years than I care to admit. The fact that they have yet to sell me a single one, due to major accuracy issues, speaks volumes.

I'm sure Moebius is not turning night sweats because a few impossible to please modelers will not purchase one of their kits. What you spend your "discretionary income" on is your business and what ever excuse you use for not supporting this project is your own.

I think it is admirable and a privilege that Moebius has been using these forums as their test bed for their new line of vehicle kits. But as I have said and will continue to say, there will always be someone out there that will niggle and pick apart model kit's accuracies, justified or not. Yes, critiques are warranted and welcomed, but 95% of the modelers that are going to put his kit together won't even have skills necessary to build it to a standard in which the "flaws" will even make a visual difference.

Geez some people are making this kit sound as bad as my first build of a skill 2 model. when i see its accuracy as more like my best build yet.

How some see the kit (bare with me)

17532_103330713030200_2953252_n.jpg i

How I see the Kit

19314_565395350157065_824264466_n.jpg?oh

Granted no matter my age ive always built sub par, this kit is definitely a winner in my opinion although for some reason the hood dont look right.

Bob,

Glad you have your opinion on these trucks and Moebius kits and your willingness to share them with us. It would seem, based on your statements, that there are numerous flaws with them, to the point of not being buildable, in your opinion, to render a satisfactory replica of the real car.

If you could, please PM me a list of recent kits that are up to your standards so I can see what I might be missing when it comes to reviewing a kit. I don't want to derail this thread and keep it on topic of the upcoming Ford F series pickups.

I'm sure Moebius is not turning night sweats because a few impossible to please modelers will not purchase one of their kits. What you spend your "discretionary income" on is your business and what ever excuse you use for not supporting this project is your own.

I think it is admirable and a privilege that Moebius has been using these forums as their test bed for their new line of vehicle kits. But as I have said and will continue to say, there will always be someone out there that will niggle and pick apart model kit's accuracies, justified or not. Yes, critiques are warranted and welcomed, but 95% of the modelers that are going to put his kit together won't even have skills necessary to build it to a standard in which the "flaws" will even make a visual difference.

Whoa there, why one earth should I support a project like this when the end result isn't going to meet even basic standards of accuracy that have been pointed out ad infinium in this thread? That "impossible to please" comment sounds a lot like those tiresome canards that we're wanting a "perfect model", when all we want is an accurate one. There are countless model companies that get things more accurate than Moebius has in their vehicle kits thus far. To expect less from Moebius is doing ourselves, the hobby & Moebius itself an injustice. They should strive to create the most accurate kits for the money as is humanly possible, not make nor accept excuses of "good enough". We, as a community should hold them to the same standards before we part with our money for their product.

As I said, I didn't place their International models in the same category, & I will also say that they are very accurate & were a pleasure to buy & build, so I have purchased their kits in the past, when they've met my criteria & been worth spending my money on.

As long as we blindly cheer & support Moebius, (or any other manufacturer), for churning out kits that fall short as to accuracy, or buildability, or any other basic criteria that should be expected by the modeler, then we do ourselves & the hobby a disservice.

Wanting a model to be an accurate miniature of the 1/1 isn't being "impossible to please", it's wanting basic value for the money. If you can't grasp that concept, then I simply don't know what to say.

Edited by Bob Turner2