Model Cars Magazine Forum

1941 chevy pickup lowrider (Hell Train)PAINT TIME

DSCN2025.jpg

DSCN2026.jpg

DSCN2028.jpg

Thank you all for the comments. A little more work...The door is recessed and boxed and the skull and cross bones will fit flush in opening, doesn't show from photos because tape was holding it out more. and to bring the seat up higher making a coffin shaped box that I will box in with coffin pleated foam and mirrored plastic edges. Also decided that two seats would be too big so just putting the one seat on top of the coffin. Kinda like cyclops.

Edited by Darren B

Got some progress last night, working on installing the door panels, made the coffin shaped console for the 1 seat, and had an idea to take a resin skull, cut it in half and put them on the side of the bed to keep with the macabre theme.

DSCN2032.jpg

DSCN2029.jpg

DSCN2030.jpg

DSCN2031.jpg

Edited by Darren B

looks good. and the single seat leaves more room for stereo equipment in the cab. lol

another old seat trick I use to use. got to wal-mart or micheals (anyplace with sewing supplies) and by some snaps (like on work shirts.)

glue the female end to the seat and the male end to the floor. when glue is dry, snap together.

you now have seats that swivel just like the show cars. this is an old trick, and most may know it already, but it never hurts to put a trick out there.

might have to put a post in the tips and tricks area, now that I think of it.

looks good. and the single seat leaves more room for stereo equipment in the cab. lol

another old seat trick I use to use. got to wal-mart or micheals (anyplace with sewing supplies) and by some snaps (like on work shirts.)

glue the female end to the seat and the male end to the floor. when glue is dry, snap together.

you now have seats that swivel just like the show cars. this is an old trick, and most may know it already, but it never hurts to put a trick out there.

might have to put a post in the tips and tricks area, now that I think of it.

I never knew that, that is very smart. Thank you for sharing and you should to a tutorial on it that is really neat.

I need to sit down and remeber a few. I used to do lowriders all the time but never could get them done (lost steam). always seemed to veer towards my junkers(i find them more fun). when I got back into models I promised myself and my wife no more show cars. lol I do have alot of lowbuck tricks tho, just need to drudge them back up. most of mine are low-buck or self taught since I have always been too cheap to buy other peoples stuff. lol

I'm going to look through the wife's sewing stuff to see if she has any snaps. shhh don't tell her. lol

I need to sit down and remeber a few. I used to do lowriders all the time but never could get them done (lost steam). always seemed to veer towards my junkers(i find them more fun). when I got back into models I promised myself and my wife no more show cars. lol I do have alot of lowbuck tricks tho, just need to drudge them back up. most of mine are low-buck or self taught since I have always been too cheap to buy other peoples stuff. lol

I'm going to look through the wife's sewing stuff to see if she has any snaps. shhh don't tell her. lol

You sound like me about the lowriders. they take me for ever and because they get so deep in detail and major work i lose interest and model other stuff. the projects get just too complicated and a mountain of work. I (and im sure everyone else on this board) would gain a lot of info from your knowledge. I for one am very interested!!!!

yeah the details on the cars kill ya, but that is why I like little tricks like this. it only takes a couple minutes and really turns heads when you see it. also make sure you spend a little extra and buy a good quality snap. this sounds silly but the real cheap ones have alot of wobble in them.

did a tips and tricks on this and the seat idea, and can be found here:

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=42446&st=0&gopid=444490&#entry444490

Darren This build is really nice. I am digging what you are doing with it. Love it that you made part of the bed look like a coffin and opening the doors. This thing is gonna look killer. I did a lowrider once and am kicking myself in the pants for selling the model when I was just going away to college when I was 21 which was about 14 years ago. The only thing I have of it was 2 pics taken years ago in an inner club model build when I used to be in a local model club back in California. we all had to build '61 Impalas. Hope you don't mind me shareing it here. seeing your build has inspired me to pick up another '61 one of these days and make another.

Picture015.jpg

Darren This build is really nice. I am digging what you are doing with it. Love it that you made part of the bed look like a coffin and opening the doors. This thing is gonna look killer. I did a lowrider once and am kicking myself in the pants for selling the model when I was just going away to college when I was 21 which was about 14 years ago. The only thing I have of it was 2 pics taken years ago in an inner club model build when I used to be in a local model club back in California. we all had to build '61 Impalas. Hope you don't mind me shareing it here. seeing your build has inspired me to pick up another '61 one of these days and make another.

Picture015.jpg

Chris I dont mind you sharing your pics at all. Killer 61 impala, I had a lindberg convert of that kit that I sold like and idiot, i should have built it. Looks very clean from what I see there. I am glad that I inspire some body into building something. Keeps me on track to push my self to finish a project.

Not much to update, at a lose for inspiration and ideas. Had to cover the door hinges and was thinking about using urethane foam to make a pedestal and something like a head stone for the back of the cab. Got it cut and shaped, now to figure out what kind of pattern to form in the foam.

DSCN2219.jpg

DSCN2218.jpg

DSCN2217.jpg