Model Cars Magazine Forum

Snap Pete 359 Dumper

188a_zps6d554291.jpgI built this snap Pete about 6 years ago....At the time, I just wanted to see how it would go together and such....I actually built it in just a day....It looked pretty good back then, but now, not so much....So I had to do something with it; but what....Somehow I came up with this, makeshift dumper....I was gonna go all out, but I reasoned this would just be a prelude to something else....So I just built a "dummy dumper", if you will...???I'll upload some more pics, later....Photobucket is acting STUPID, right now....195a_zpsd71513dc.jpg224a_zps9d20b24b.jpg250a_zps6f7bdbb9.jpg263a_zpsb409fc44.jpg185a_zpsaf4ab64d.jpg

Edited by kilrathy10

Thinking about the tag axle, but the sleeper stays...We have quite a few converted rigs like this down here in Houston...

Sweet looking rig! B)

In the late 90's the sod farm I drove for also had a small stone quarry and we had several O/O's that had come in off the road and did the same thing with their trucks.

Some did take the sleepers off to pull dump beds others left them on in case they would get a long haul job on occasion.

The ones that added a dump box left the sleeper because of the extra frame length that would have left a gap between cab and box rather than pay the cost to shorten the frame or have a custom size dump box made.

Turned out a good deal for some who contracted to haul contaminated soil from here over to Iowa to the incinerator. :)