Model Cars Magazine Forum

The AMT Digger kit

im not new to models but this is the first time I have ever done a drag kit and since this kit was givin to me im not really out any cash if it turns out crappy,that being said it does have a legit chassis for drag cars in it.

my question's are has anyone did this before, and has this chassis been used in any other kit cause im finding extra parts that dont go to this build???

Also what are you impressions of this kit besides the goofy looking body.

I have one that is almost complete. I did it without the body. I went full on detail and got frustrated while trying to bend up the injector lines for the hat and put it aside for now. I likes the kit. Much easier to build the frame on than the shorter wheels base frames in other AMT kits of that time.

I took the body and filled in the roof and deck lid and made a back glass for it. I'm going to put the dark red glass in it. Going to make it a curb side so to speak. Since it has the 'Cuda shaker scoop you wont see any engine other than the header pipes. Going to ad a wing to the rear and make some axles to put the tires on. Should be interesting when I get around to it.

This is the only pic I have of it for now, but it's gone way past that stage. It's almost complete.

00211.jpg

I can understand that. IF you want to wire it though, get your mags from MAD or Scale Models By Chris. Both have great products. Only thing I sealed in is the sides and bottom around the seat from the bell housing back, but I'm doing and open frame sling shot dragster. I'm doing mine from a pic of one I saw on the web that I liked. It was all aluminum and no chrome on it too. I ran all the fuel lines, oil lines and filters too. Hard part is getting the lines bent that go under the hat for me and caused me to park it for a while. If you decide to go that far let me know. I'll get you some more pics of my car so you can see how to wire and plumb it. It's not that hard to do.