Model Cars Magazine Forum

MENG F350 DUALLYS

At the risk of high jacking modeltruckmafia's thread of his superbly built NTSB Aviation truck, I thought I'd start my own thread. I now have available the Meng F350 dually sets. These wheels are designed to replace the kit wheels with no modification necessary. I also have Firestone or BF Goodrich tire set available for them as well. You can visit my web site(link below signature) or my e-Bay store(Scenes Unlimited) for more info.

DSCN4925_zpsa8228625.jpg

DSCN4930_zpse2f9d0fd.jpg

c5cf0bd1-74cb-4fb1-8395-e87bbfe24e84_zps

17115175-2c5b-4b93-851f-b0086b11d00b_zps

Those look really nice. Are those the Meng tires ot you tires in the pics?

Jim, the kit tires are too large, I believe they scale out to about 19" or so. The standard dual wheel for these trucks are 17" so I modified the Firestones and BFG's to fit.

what are you using for a correct dually bed?? oldr-n-drt

....researching that now. Would like to find a 1:1 that I can get measurements from. Internet pics are great but need the actual truck. Any input from you and others would be greatly appreciated though....

very nice dually set! i'm sure it would work for other kits as well example monogram F250 dually......?

..these would work for those trucks, although the wheel style and size is a bit different. Also, these duals were made to fit the Meng, so a little fabricating would be needed to make the Monogram wheel backs work. I do plan on a conversion set of wheels backs in the near future.

go to your ford dealer an get pictures...oldr-n-drt

...easier said then done around here. We have two local Ford dealers and neither one had/have duallys. I believe the Meng is model after the 2008-2010 model years so the rear fenders are different from newer models which the dealers said they get now and then. Used ones on dealer lots seem to be very rare around here. I have seen them on the road and in parking lots but haven't had the opportunity to get a up close look, but I will.

Matchbox made a diecast 1/24 dually similar to the Meng Ford trucks, maybe the year before Ford changed the headlights.

I have one with Campbell soups logos. (they also made a tow truck version, without the wheel lift set up)

The cab and bed are riveted together, not easy to take apart. It comes with chrome dually rims with triangle holes in them.

Danny,

Your side view photo just screams "cut me down to a regular cab and build an ambulance body to place on the back"! A perfect type l ambulance or fire rescue support vehicle! Photo credits to the original photographers.

Been thinking about just that David, at least the day cab part. I definitely got to find me a 1:1 to crawl around!

You could leave it Crew cab and be correct for an Ambulance too!

I saw 2 FDNY Ambos on the news yesterday that were Both Crewcabs!

I sure hope to get one of these Meng F350's one day!!

..it's a nice kit Dan, you should ask Santa for one..lol

I too have yet to get one. Still trying to recover from being out of work for 8 months... My fictitious fire dept. can always use another ambulance, brush truck, support vehicle or AARF RIV for the airport! When I do get a little "disposable income", Both the Meng kit AND Danny's wheels/tires will be on my shopping list!

David

...easier said then done around here. We have two local Ford dealers and neither one had/have duallys. I believe the Meng is model after the 2008-2010 model years so the rear fenders are different from newer models which the dealers said they get now and then. Used ones on dealer lots seem to be very rare around here. I have seen them on the road and in parking lots but haven't had the opportunity to get a up close look, but I will.

Have you tried going down to Brondes Ford on Secor? More trucks than you can shake a stick most of the time.