Model Cars Magazine Forum

Adventures in soldering:Hot Rod Wrecker Project Update 2/1/15

• 2 weeks later...

hi Randy, more unrealistic work I see, it looks like you are about to wrap up the cab and chassis, I love the fact you put a big block mopar under the hood instead of a more common power plant, it just adds to the over all uniqueness of the build, the quality of craftsmanship is unreal my friend!!, excuse me now while I take my stuff outside and back over it with my car :(

STOP! send it to me. :D Just kidding....Nice work Randy , like always you continue to amaze.

Guest G Holding

Randy-

This project continues to get more amazing with each piece. Are you planning on taking it to GSL when it is done? It would certainly be a runaway for best of show.

100% correct Pete....right now, with nothing more needed I couldn't see what could beat this masterpiece

Humbling Sir !

Edited by G Holding

Hi Folks,

Thank you Alyn, As one who admires your work, that means alot :)

Hi Codie, Thank you for that !

Hey Bill, Anytime you want to send me that low rent piece of metal you call a car...I'll take it :D:D

Tyrone, That's what I say whenever I look in on your promod builds in the drag section !!

Hello Fred, Glad you like it !

Thanks Kane :)

Hi paul, Thank you !

Greg, I'm honored that you think that !

Jason, Thanks and no, the neighbor kids don't play with it, but my grandkids like to roll it around and steer it. They can actually get some fingers inside with the cab on :)

Sorry that no pics came thru , seem to be having issues getting a post right tonite !

Hi Austin, Lucky for me this truck has all flat pieces :) Still playing around with the glass, can get it curve with heat but hard to control. Need to find larger pieces of this thickness to have something to work with. I had sent Bill D. some pics showing the size of the slides to see if would work on his'Cuda...

003_zpsa45f1b75.jpg

Research continues.

Small update, Building up the gas pedal and linkage along with some work a dash...

054_zps373eab74.jpg

020_zps9a3b7d53.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Folks

Thanks Tyrone !!

Hi Derick, Glad you like it !

Hey Bill, Thanks buddy , I know you've been traveling but about time for an update on yours right ?

Pete, You're too kind my friend :)

Thanks Richard !!

Hi Blair, Appreciate the kind words

Thanks Frank !

Hi Steven, Thank you sir !!

Small update,

Building up some hubs on the front end...

Drilled out brass washers, stainless nuts and bolts for the lugs.

010_zps4f3bb7e1.jpg

012_zps94ecf4aa.jpg

more....

018_zpsc3a98610.jpg

015_zpsbf3965bc.jpg

Added an aluminum sleeve that slides over the axle that has been tapped for a nut....

005_zps461915d3.jpg

023_zps827454ee.jpg

027_zps621abf32.jpg

011_zps349f5ec2.jpg

You can see that the rims I'm building are still not ready for prime time and am using the plastic ones for now.

thanks for looking!

Randy

Thanks Ed :D:D

Hi Mark, "Scale Hardware" I think these were the 1.0 size. Works for the large size rims and tires on this one. I used the .7 or .8 ones for my door car dragster project.

Hi Richard, Glad you like it so far!!

Hey Bill, They will the same style as the plastic ones, just out of metal. Just don't hold your breath waiting to see a pic :):)

Hi Alyn, Thank you for that !!

Randy