Model Cars Magazine Forum

2013 Cannonball Run CBP

Nick Winter

Thanks for all the effort you put into this Nick, I really enjoyed building my viper and the competition pushed me to do my best work! It was very well run and I think everyone did a great job on their builds, best of luck to everyone.

Thanks Nick.

Thanks guys, to me, it's a lot of fun to participate and organize, Hopefully we see you again next year (not that I have any doubts ;) )

If that's okay I wouldn't mind it.

Nick

Of course it's okay. I'm just making sure someone is, since there seems to be interest. I'm very happy this CBP has been going on so long, with so many excellent builders. And every year it gets better. I'm just glad to be a part of it. Depending on the theme for next year I may have a build to enter.

Of course it's okay. I'm just making sure someone is, since there seems to be interest. I'm very happy this CBP has been going on so long, with so many excellent builders. And every year it gets better. I'm just glad to be a part of it. Depending on the theme for next year I may have a build to enter.

Speaking of which, I sense a group PM coming on...........

That was on purpose, trying to figure out a better way to group things or another way of doing it................The forums Poll options really leaves quite a bit to be desired.

Nick

That was the problem I ran into last year. If you want everyone to PM you a vote you already know mine.

That was on purpose, trying to figure out a better way to group things or another way of doing it................The forums Poll options really leaves quite a bit to be desired.

Nick

ahhhh...okies. i wasn't winning or anything but i was enjoyin watchin the voting:)

James, I think the Cannonball will be a sure thing for next year. We are talking about the possibility of a theme, or lack of one, right now. Stay tuned and I'm sure Nick will be letting everyone know.

As for the poll, I'd make it just like it was before, with Nicks build(s) added. That makes 4 semi-final polls of five entrants and one with three entrants.

The winners of each poll, should go into the finals poll. Regardless of the standings from the semi's, the cream will rise to the top, I promise you.

Maybe, we can ask Harry and Gregg if they will change the poll function for next year.

Edited by Jantrix

Why don't we just have four builds per section, and then have the final option just be an "undecided" option? That way, all of the sections would be about the same size, and people would not have to vote in every category to be able to submit their votes. I believe we had 21 completed builds, so that would be four sections with four builds each, and one section would have five builds. In saying this I'm assuming the poll function requires five possible options per section, but if this is not true, then just disregard this idea.

I think I follow your idea Josh and I think it's brilliant. Though we had 23 completed cars, can't forget Kurt and Ron they didn't end up on the green list. :) So it would need to be 3 groups of 5 and 2 groups to 4 to level out.

I just got through setting up a test poll and it does not require 5 options per question so your idea will work perfectly. If that's alright with everyone else it seems like the fairest option we have for voting using the poll this year.

Example

20% 20% 20% 25% 25%

Group A Group B Group C Group D Group E

Car 1 Car 6 Car 11 Car 16 Car 20

Car 2 Car 7 Car 12 Car 17 Car 21

Car 3 Car 8 Car 13 Car 18 Car 22

Car 4 Car 9 Car 14 Car 19 Car 23

Car 5 Car 10 Car 15

Is that about what you had in mind Josh?

Edited by TFchronos

Perfect, that will work out great! I was thinking we would just leave the last spot blank on all of them and have four cars per section, but I actually like how you have it set up much better since there are 23 cars. I think that would work out really well since it is a level playing field now.

For my two cents, I think anyone who votes should do so with the spirit of the race in mind. Not just vote because a build is really nice, but also one that would be the least likely to be pulled over, something durable, etc.

I have my overall favorite, and no, it's neither of mine.

No matter what, JUST KEEP IT FUN!!

Can't wait for the info to start next years, thanks Nick for your many efforts!!

Is there any plan to do this again this year? I've really never completed a model car, but I'd love to enter in this if it's happening again.

James, I think the Cannonball will be a sure thing for next year. We are talking about the possibility of a theme, or lack of one, right now. Stay tuned and I'm sure Nick will be letting everyone know.

As for the poll, I'd make it just like it was before, with Nicks build(s) added. That makes 4 semi-final polls of five entrants and one with three entrants.

The winners of each poll, should go into the finals poll. Regardless of the standings from the semi's, the cream will rise to the top, I promise you.

As Rob Mentioned there will be a '14 Cannonball Run, we are in the process of throwing some idea's around, watch for the Topic!.

For my two cents, I think anyone who votes should do so with the spirit of the race in mind. Not just vote because a build is really nice, but also one that would be the least likely to be pulled over, something durable, etc.

You're absolutely right, its not about the best paint or coolest looking, its about functionality and surviving the race without being pulled over or broke down throughout the race. In reality my entry is a complete failure but I had fun building it and I had fun watching everyone else build there's.

Edited by Dragfreak

If you have one of the options in each group of 5 as "none of the above" then voters can vote for the one car they chose to win and select none of the above in the other groups.

That's even better, that way we wouldn't need to do a second round and get it all done in one simple vote.