Model Cars Magazine Forum

'33 Willys street gasser

crazyjim

I wanted to play with the airbrush so I started the rear of the care with HOK white, into HOK yellow, into HOK orange, into HOK red and then covered everything with some Pearl Ex powder. It sparkles! I tubbed the rear and stuck a pair of Ma's Resin fantastic M/T Sportsman tires in there. The axle is about only an inch wide. I took the original 4427 SOHC engine and molded copies of it so I'll have the engine available through Crazy Scale Auto Parts.

100_5645.jpg

100_5644.jpg

100_5643.jpg

100_5642.jpg

That's perty ! Sign me up for one of those 427s ! I always liked this kits version. Now if they'd just make one un-chopped ! I love the fade job. Check your e-mail, l just did something very similar ! This thing looks wicked with the big meats tucked in the back. Nice wheel treatment too. I'm loving this whole build ! Bart.

Yeah Doobie, I did. I ran a fuel line (yellow wire) down to what I thought is the fuel pump. The line goes to the front and that messes up the alignment of the radiator. Plus, with all the work I did on the tubbing, the alignment holes/pins were gone. And there's the alternator riding low on the right side. So much for planning ahead.

Thanks, Bart. I have a couple just anxious to jump into a box for you. Those Weld wheels are my castings too, but I just cast wheels for myself nowadays.

That's perty ! Sign me up for one of those 427s ! I always liked this kits version. Now if they'd just make one un-chopped ! I love the fade job. Check your e-mail, l just did something very similar ! This thing looks wicked with the big meats tucked in the back. Nice wheel treatment too. I'm loving this whole build ! Bart.

Drastic Plastics makes a resin body with the stock roof height. Looks awesome Jim!