Model Cars Magazine Forum

That is SWEET Dan...!!! I love the crew cabs wish ours was one. I have no access to extra beds and might not be able to convert the bed into a long bed myself...great work! Our truck has 33x12.50x15 Micky Thompson Baja MTZ? tires I found some from a toy that look sort of close to them. The 84 Chevy grille would be another problem for me the kit has a GMC grille....keep up the great work its very very cool!

Dan mine was an old farm truck since 1985 or 86 it never left the farm it was on or was given a bath and it shows...it only has 43,000. miles on it but its kind of rough had a hard life till now. I found tires close to mine on a toy armored personnel carrier...close enough for me anyways. Its a 84 Chevy Silverado power everything...not much of a gear ratio 308. and a 4 speed auto. I know someone use to make a resin long bed for these and a resin Chevy grille but have not been able to find one anywhere yet for my project build...I am one of those guys that wants to build a model of ever car/truck/van the family has owned. If you can send me your home e-mail i could send you a photo of our truck...someday hope to make it look better...right now its all about the mechanical things...body parts as i can find them cheap...disability income does not help with it or model building...LOL...

i'm the same way-i need to build everything we've owned! i have a couple of resin chevy grilles, but there not for '81-'87, had them quite a few yrs, but i can not remember where i got them from.wish i could.

i will be using the bottom one on my recently acquired chev stepside

attachicon.gif177_opt.jpg

Those look like resin copies of the old MPC 75? Chevy step side pickup kit grille to me...which is a good kit i have one from my old childhood build days. My home e-mail address is posted under my profile here...send me a message and Ill send you a photo of our old truck Dan. Glad I am not the only one that wants to build a car/truck of everyone the family has owned.

Dan, I hope you kept plans/drawings extra parts or whatever for this, as i'm thinking this would look good on one of my shelves, or trucks yet to be built :D

yes, that's a hint....... ;)

as much as I enjoy building, I could never scratch build something like that, so, you need to do a second one......i'll be waiting by my mail box B)

Some times that's how it goes for us modelers-Stop and Go.

Wait for parts, fix equipment ect. and find time for our real lives.

When I got ready to start building my trailer the first thing I had to do was spend a few hours repairing my miter box. I like using the Mid West Products plastic miter box

83277_R1_zpsa743c75d.jpg

(found that picture on Google)

I like the plastic boxes better than the metal ones because it's not as bad on the Exacto razor saw blades-but a by product is that over time you'll end up cutting thru the box, so I cut a piece of .080 sheet stock to patch it and it will last another couple of years now (I'm a cheap skate)

003_zpsc6996511.jpg

004_zpsb78fb148.jpg

Your trailer looks good so far- the wood decals look real too, I wouldn't have known it wasn't real wood if you had not said so.

Have you looked at Wal Mart for die cast quad runners ?