Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Plymouth HEMI Cuda

ClarkM

Just a few pictures of my most recent project. Decided to go with a weekend racer sorta idea. its got half of a cage slicks and a tire trailer, i plan to add a few more things as the ideas come to me. Hopefully should turn out pretty good, thanks for visiting be prepared for more updates Thanks Again!post-14309-0-55515900-1423155408_thumb.jpost-14309-0-71341600-1423155428_thumb.jpost-14309-0-84700400-1423155455_thumb.j post-14309-0-77146400-1423155479_thumb.jpost-14309-0-32335600-1423155506_thumb.j

Thanks everyone! had a hold up with the clear today, i had sprayed the body with a tamiya mettalic red that i had left over and sprayed it with a krylon clear and they didnt exactly agree and it screwed the paint. So i stripped it with brake fluid. Just a question does anyone knows if the paint will still stick if i just wipe it off or should i clean it with something or what. I was going to spray the engine with genuine hemi orange but it was a little expensive at the dodge dealership so i just went with a generic orange. Help on the paint issue would be very helpful. thanks for all the comments and keep them coming, Thanks again!

Once the paint comes off , take a toothbrush and give it a good scrubbing to remove all the residue . Next , you want to scrub it with Original Dawn Blue dish detergent and warm water to remove any brake fluid or paint residue that is left over . Rinse well , and you're ready for paint again .