Model Cars Magazine Forum

joined today new member from Colorado

Hello all! My name is Mike Gruenwald. I have been bitten by the bug after a 28 year hiatus! (I'm 41years old) I really enjoy your website and I'm looking forward to soaking everything in which it offers. I live in Denver, Colorado and would like to hear from some local modelers from around here. I'm really looking forward to finishing some of the kits I've purchased in the last month (12 kits) and using my new painting equipment.

There is an active modeling community in the Denver area so I'm sure someone will pipe in with info for you. Joining a club is great because you will learn a great deal and have friends with similar interests.

I live in PA and NJ but used to work with a company in Thornton many years ago. I enjoyed my one week every quarter! Great area!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Mike, welcome to the forum! Good to see you're local, I'm in Aurora! Like you, I used to build models all the time as a kid, in the past 15 years been trying to get back into it and get some stashed models completed but it's just so hard to find the time. Now at 44, it's still a challenge but I will soon figure out how to fit it in! I don't know any other local modelers yet but I'm sure there are plenty and the content on this site is very informative and absolutely top-notch!!! Again, welcome!!