Model Cars Magazine Forum

Walt's Puffer Too

Brad, The car is a tomato soup red. The lettering appears, to me anyway, to have been masked off then sprayed. Look at how blocky the characters are - not fluid. The "bands" that go across the letters look like they were kind of faded on with a touch up gun. The lighter color is a pure white and the darker tone is a medium yellow. Here are the kit decals to show you how far off they are. (Plus the number needs to be A/R -not A/A 284 - not 285.

post-12703-0-62623800-1406073809_thumb.j

Thanks for that picture Greg. All I could find is a tiny fuzzy print that I could not zoom in on no matter what. The place I bumped into it was while looking for info on the Pacers AA/FA T bucket " The Tasmanian Devil" from Long Island. I think the picture is of one of the guys from the Pacers pointing out something to Wally Knoch (in the shirt with the Maltese cross).

Brad that looks really good. I was resigned to making a mask and painting.....yuck.

Three questions: What color is the background? Will that print like that? What program do you use for the graphics?

I have been painting, dunking bad painting, painting more, Alcladding (Is that a real verb????), prepping more stuff for paint, dehydrating (body in primer right now), stripping chrome (also now) and picking out the odd pieces for the build. I will (start to) get something put together tomorrow....and I'll put up some pics so you don't think I'm sandbagging.

Thanks for looking in.

Pat - the program i use is Adobe Illustrator and in this case, using a photo as a template. The background color is just for viewing only. It will be white, yellow with a bit of magenta mixed in with the yellow just as shown without the reddish color in the background.

Chris - thanks. I'm going to start my own thread on my Walt's Puffer Too build soon. I'm still acquiring my goodies too.

Could you explain how you built the front axle and spring?

I didn't see a front axle and spring in either of the progress photos posted so I'd be interested in that too. In fact, I didn't see any pictures on the innerweb that showed what this had for a front axle and suspension.

Here comes a D/A question; The wishbones on the sides, do those things actually move, or are they for adjustment purposes only. I've never seen any on a real car, much less on a car thats moving.

Anyone?

The altereds are in my opinion the coolest of all drag machines. Insane!

Michael

Edited by 10thumbs

Here comes a D/A question; The wishbones on the sides, do those things actually move, or are they for adjustment purposes only. I've never seen any on a real car, much less on a car thats moving.

Anyone?

The altereds are in my opinion the coolest of all drag machines. Insane!

Michael

yes wish bones move, they locate the axle front to rear an travel in an arch, as a rule of thumb the steering rod or drag link should be as long as the wishbone so they travel in the same plane with minimal bump steer. the hiem joints/rod end's at the axle end allow you to adjust caster. The axle is located side to side by a panhard rod, wishbone, or in some cases the leaf spring its self, Traditionally a wishbone front was sprung by a transverse leaf or a torsion bar in the high end cars but it isnt uncommon to see coil overs or even air bags these days.

I hope this was still moc up stage

http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx203/2xdemo/727A1E35-74D7-4A66-A88C-89813232618C-5021-000005C5F6AA65D7.jpg