Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cadillac Corner

72 Charger

Not sure year, but pretty sure she's an Eldo. Cut the roof off, and chopped the windshield big time! Grey velour used on the seats. Paint is Testors metallic green ( small bottle) airbrushed on...no clear. Frenched the taillights and rear fender mounted aerial. Steering wheel from the parts box. It's an old build from the 80's. Oh yeah, the wheels are from the Miami Vice Daytona with whitewalls added.

post-14132-0-70928600-1429406102_thumb.j

I have 2 67 Cadillac Coupe Deville HT promos from my dads old stuff but sadly they both need a lot..sorry no photos of them. They need body,glass,bumpers,wheels,taillights to restore them.

I also have a Johan 68 Coupe DeVille HT...needs glass and body though...bummer.

It's tragic & ironic that your dad had only rare & ultra rare kits, and all of them are missing pieces - did he pick them up in bulk from a garage sale ? :blink::rolleyes: ...... maybe consider donating the parts & starting fresh from the kits guys send you :)

Back in '13 I started doing a chopped, sectioned Caddy Kustom based on the Monogram '53 Chebby.

DSCN0562_zps7f4c7a0e.jpg

DSCN0557_zps7467308f.jpg

Just when I think I see your coolest WIP... you go and post this kind of stuff... holy cow. You have really inspired me lately to chop/cut/rebuild some old gluebombs and even NEW kits and rebuild them into hot rodded glory. I would LOVE to see what else you have out there... I still want to see that chopped 30 Model A finished.

I have these 1961 Fleetwood Sixty Specials to finish restoring. Both were decent builders, and the yellow was was unpainted. The beige one was painted and stripped. I scratch-built the fin tips. One will definitely be Black, while the other will be a light metallic color..

MAMA%20Meeting%203%2021%202015%20024_zpsMAMA%20Meeting%203%2021%202015%20023_zps

It's tragic & ironic that your dad had only rare & ultra rare kits, and all of them are missing pieces - did he pick them up in bulk from a garage sale ? :blink::rolleyes: ...... maybe consider donating the parts & starting fresh from the kits guys send you :)

Rick...he did get some from garage sales years ago but most he bought when they were new. Many of his got damaged and lost parts years before I got a hold of them...then a few years ago we had a breakin here and several large boxes of his old unbuilt kits and promos were taken while other build ups were damaged...some look like they were stepped on even? That is just my problem there old or rare models and promos but since they were his I cant give up on them. The kits others have donated and sent me go to the disabled builders group unless they send one for me in the batch to build. I do have some of my dads that I have already restored and a few that were not damaged there on display in the house here. Nothing wrong with asking me...its how we all learn... :)