Model Cars Magazine Forum

Joe Mannix 1968 Dodge Dart Convertible

mrmike

This is my Mannix '68 Dart convertible made from the Revell '68 Dodge Dart that I originally built 4 years ago and just rebuilt this past month. The paint is Tamiya TS-9 British Green. I have updated many parts of this car and added other details, too.

MannixDart43.jpg

MannixDart44.jpg

MannixDart45.jpg

MannixDart46.jpg

MannixDart47.jpg

MannixDart48.jpg

MannixDart49.jpg

Edited by mrmike

Wow, nice ride! That paintjob is just perfect, detailing looks very good and interior work is amazing. That analog cell phone is nice, as the hole car. But I can find just one mistake, which will go away soon. I can see white glue, (Erikeeper?) next to those register plates. But if it's Erikeeper, it dries and then I can't see it anymore. But very nice job with it. :D

Thanks everyone! This rebuild came out better than I had hoped for. The mobile phone was an almost-last-minute decision and it came out really great. It helped to have found a straight-on picture of one on-line. I reduced the image and cut out the upper portion of the picture and glued it onto the phone and then I ran a wire from the handset to the phone base. I want to do another TV Private Eye, my favorite-Spenser For Hire's first season '66 Mustang, even though Spenser says it's a '65.

Thanks guys!

how did you do your distributor so perfectly did you use a kit or kustom

My usual procedure is to drill out the center of the kit distributor, take 4 wires cut to 4 inches in length and fold them in half, put glue into the distributor cap and insert the wires. Fan out the wires and insert a coil wire in the center and allow to dry. I've been doing this for several years, but I have been trying pre-wired distributors from M.A.D.

Thanks Brian! When I built this car over 4 years ago, I had missed a lot of the details that I had included in the build this time around. And, I recently got into contact with the owner of the real Mannix Dart! A very nice guy and very helpful, too! He supplied me with some details of the car that I had not known about before. I also got a link to a show on Discovery HD Theater called Drive featuring the restored Mannix Dart. Enjoy!

http://www.hittv.com/DRIVE/mannix.html

Edited by mrmike

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...