Model Cars Magazine Forum

Who Makes Realistic One Ton Bud Style Dual Wheels?

Is there anyone out there who casts one ton wheels for trucks of any age? It gets expensive buying a whole kit just for the wheels.. and I want to build several one tons - a '72 Chevy to replicate my 1:1 short wheel base that was a farm truck in Alberta for most of it's life. It's got a grain box and dump on it and it has served me so well! I also want to do a '73 to '79 as a deck truck - and a 65 F350 to replicate my old car hauler. But the trick is to find the right wheels.. Any suggestions?

How about these?

1 ton wheels in resin

:huh: AT $35.00, :blink: they seem somewhat - uh - pricey??? :D Maybe I'll just buy a dually kit.. Wow! Sticker shock... :blink: Maybe I'm just out of touch but the price does seem a bit extreme. Just my opinion..

Edited Comment

Hmmmmmmmmm.. My appologies.. I went back to the site and I looked at the information again and it seems that $35.00 buys the entire conversion kit to create a dually including the box parts. This is all lwell and good but all that i want is the wheels and ties.. thank you for posting the link though. I think that I'll email him and see if he will sell just tires and wheels..

Edited by impcon

I just recently saw some resin wheels listed on Ebay. I don't know the seller though? They were direct copies of the Ford style wheels from the Monogram/Revell Ford F-350 dually kit.

Check out The Modelhaus, they have quite a selection of wheels and tires so I think you should be able to find what you are looking for.

Set # T-802 is a copy of the wheels and tires from the AMT Chevy Dually pickup and is $13.00 unplated/$15.00 plated.

Set # T-800 is a copy of 1950's Medium Duty wheels and tires (17.5 inch) and are $16.00 set.

Their catalog doesn't have pictures but a quick phone call should get you the information you are looking for.

web site- www.modelhaus.com

phone- 217-864-4402

Don and Carol are great people to do business with and have outstanding products and service.

How about these?

1 ton wheels in resin

That's a pretty wild conversion kit. Correct me if I'm wrong though, after '97 wasn't that body style F-150 the light duty chassis only? I don't think they offered it as a 1-ton, at least not in North America... If you wanted a 1-ton, you bought a Super-Duty. Not that it's a bad kit, I'd almost build one simply because I think it's a neat looking truck.

• 1 month later...

:D AT $35.00, :rolleyes: they seem somewhat - uh - pricey??? :lol: Maybe I'll just buy a dually kit.. Wow! Sticker shock... :blink: Maybe I'm just out of touch but the price does seem a bit extreme. Just my opinion..

Edited Comment

Hmmmmmmmmm.. My appologies.. I went back to the site and I looked at the information again and it seems that $35.00 buys the entire conversion kit to create a dually including the box parts. This is all lwell and good but all that i want is the wheels and ties.. thank you for posting the link though. I think that I'll email him and see if he will sell just tires and wheels..

It's right 35$ is for the transkit. NOTE. the tire are now cast in rubber. a set of tire (6) is 20$ and a set of (4) is 15$. OR 4$ each. the set of wheel for the dually is 7$ alone OR combine with a set of tire 25$

I'm working hard on the update of the site. A LOT of pick-up / offroad to come. also some dodge,ford and chevy stuff.

picture of this tire with spec.

1ton.JPG

yours

Edited by scale auto style

Correct me if I'm wrong though, after '97 wasn't that body style F-150 the light duty chassis only?

You are correct. The HD 250 and 350 trucks stayed on the '96 body until the '98 Super Duty came out, which shares no body parts with the lighter truck. There was a light duty 250 built on that body, though. It was more of a heavy half ton, with heavier springs, larger brakes/rear axle, and a set of unusual 7 lug wheels, which the aftermarket still does not make custom wheels for. The heavier rear end was later made an option, and is now standard equipment, on the F150, using the standard 5 lug (now 6) bolt pattern.

That's a pretty wild conversion kit. Correct me if I'm wrong though, after '97 wasn't that body style F-150 the light duty chassis only? I don't think they offered it as a 1-ton, at least not in North America... If you wanted a 1-ton, you bought a Super-Duty. Not that it's a bad kit, I'd almost build one simply because I think it's a neat looking truck.

I have to admit... YES it's a wild conversion.. in fact I have to call it... CUSTOM dually wheels to pass from a F-150 to an F-350. this one is base on a REAL conversion of one of my friend does on his F-150. instead of buing a new truck for his farm he decide to buy a F-350 dually rear axel and made his dually fender to fit with the F-150. Personnaly I love the look of this pick-up. when I will get back to the farm. ( one day ) I will took a shot of the real one.

yours

• 2 months later...