Model Cars Magazine Forum

Free laser cut beds ..learn how

Some of you may have seen the laser cut beds we offer...Im told a reviews coming in MCM soon on the Woody set...Ive been trying to get more laser cut products done for the auto guys..and thought perhaps I could get some help from those who build them on a regular basis..Im more of a military model builder, so I dont buy too many autos...

heres where I could use some help..and in return offer some free products..

I have one customer whos sending the bed parts for a 55 Chevy pickup so I can take precise measurements ,test fit etc..in return I'll be sending him a few free beds (along with his kit parts) once theyre designed... Im sure there are more kits out there who could use parts like these..so any volunteers in the US?

I do know the 1/16th scale 34 Ford needed one?

I have a '70s Dodge LWB bed I could let you use if you're interested in it. Another bed that will be terribly needed is a correct LWB bed for the upcoming AMT '78-9 Ford pickup. I have the stuff together to do the correction. But, haven't got around to it yet.

I think Tim's looking for beds which used wood for the flooring, not sheet metal beds.

FWIW, TIm, the 1/16 Minicraft '31 Ford Model A Pickup might be a good candidate, as well as the 1/25 Revell '37 Ford Pickup if you haven't covered that one already,

Kits I know having a 'Wood slat' bed are, AMT 50 & 60 Chevy Pickups

Monogram/Revell 37, & 50 Ford, 64/5 Chevy (don't forget the 37 Delivery too!!)

You will have to cut apart the 60 & 64 'Fleetside'

boxes to make acurate beds

They are Phantom Cameo's due to being molded in One piece!!

I am not sure if Chevy still used Wood on the 60, 64-65 Pickups though.!

Ford had gone Stamped Sheet-metal by 60!!

Therefore, You will need 1:1 info and NOT use the kit parts!!

Sorry, I have already 'corrected' my 60 & 64 pickup boxes

I need to look at the AMT 55/57 Cameo/stepside kits, I believe they Should have a Wood floor

since the 60 & 65 do

You will have to cut apart the 60 & 64 'Fleetside'

boxes to make acurate beds

They are Phantom Cameo's due to being molded in One piece!!

Yep, GM still used a wooden floor on the fleetsides thru 1966:

1966%20chevrolet%20c10%20pickup%20bed.jp

I need to look at the AMT 55/57 Cameo/stepside kits, I believe they Should have a Wood floor

since the 60 & 65 do

Chevrolet and GMC used wood floors in the Stepsides through that last year for them in '87, and it was an option on long Fleetsides from '67 to '80 as RPO E81.

Yes, the '55-'58 Cameo did have a wood floor. It was the only truck in the lineup that had a bed floor painted body color. All other models had a flat black paint on the bed floor.

55 Cameo's were painted Commercial red in the box!!

And around the side & rear window surround.The rest was India Ivory.

56 offered additional colors, but limited you to the inline 6 engine!

A friend restored a 57, but left the wood bed clear coated.

Looks Very nice, but, is not factory correct.

55 Cameo's were painted Commercial red in the box!!

And around the side & rear window surround.The rest was India Ivory.

56 offered additional colors, but limited you to the inline 6 engine!

Yes, on the Cameo, the inside of the bed was the secondary body color.

The '56 Cameo could be had with the 265 V8, same as all other '56 Chevrolet trucks (RPO 408).

BTW, a little fact about the Cameo; There is no identification in the VIN that signifies that a given truck is a true Cameo or not. The only thing the VIN will tell you as far as what it is would be the wheelbase/nominal load capacity. In the case of the Cameo, they are part of the 3100 1/2 ton, specifically, model 3124.

Some great info for sure! If anyone has one of the mentioned kits, or any kit you know could use something like this please PM me if your interested in my offer. as I mentioned before, basically the parts would be loaned to me, and returned to you along with 2 copies of the new wood parts.

sounds like a good canidate if it needs a wood bed. Im not familiar with all the trucks.,so I dont know which ones had one or not..or maybe perhaps someone just wants one with a custom wood bed liner..Ive seen those done at car shows..even present day model trucks..if your wanting one done though send me a PM