Model Cars Magazine Forum

Sneak peek ....The IMC Tanker Trailer kit is back !!!

SteveG

I've been hinting for while about another old IMC tooling coming back, well here it is !!! ...I just shipped this one back to Lindberg for use as box art. It's a test shot that they had chrome plated. Not the best plating job on this one but they'll do better once they're in production. A big thanks goes out to Ernie Petit and my friends at Hawk - Lindberg for letting me share this one early.

Picture096-vi.jpg

Picture102-vi.jpg

Picture100-vi.jpg

Picture099-vi.jpg

There should be an unplated version coming too. For those who aren't familiar with this kit it can be built as both a long tank (shown) or short tank trailer. The short tank can also be easily mounted on your favorite truck chassis. If you want to see what a painted one looks like with the L-700 check out the link to Timstrucks.com and go to the bottom of the page.

Timstrucks.com - Dodge Page

No release date or pricing info yet, If it's packaged with the L-700 which I'm assumimg for now, it should be priced about what the L-700 Trailer and 40 Ford Combo kit is going for. No word if it will be sold separately but I wouldn't rule it out. Look for an official announcement sometime this fall.

-Steve

Now I'm not much into trucks and tankers (I do like the L-700 though!) that is one cool piece!. I can see that being our local milk tanker circa 1968-69 when I lived near a diary.

I might be interested in the short tanker (space) I'm trying to picture how that one looks........... :unsure:

Now I'm not much into trucks and tankers (I do like the L-700 though!) that is one cool piece!. I can see that being our local milk tanker circa 1968-69 when I lived near a diary.

I might be interested in the short tanker (space) I'm trying to picture how that one looks........... :unsure:

It's not the best photo but this one was at the NNL East 2008. Maybe some here has a better photo of it.

NNL22_0225-vi.jpg

-Steve

Yay! ive been wanting this trailer forever! sure i could have used the larger semi trailers..but there..well LARGE..and yes i could make my own..but this one looks great!..specially..i could make two tanks from this one, im stoked! Thanks for sharing.

That's cool...aren't they planning on releasing a box (cargo) trailer of some sort also?

Yes, the Semi Box Trailer was announced last year. It's also a former IMC tooling that shares some parts with the Flatbed and Tanker trailers.

The Semi Box Trailer should be available later this year.

73061SemiTrailerLrg-vi.jpg

-Steve

Yay! ive been wanting this trailer forever! sure i could have used the larger semi trailers..but there..well LARGE..and yes i could make my own..but this one looks great!..specially..i could make two tanks from this one, im stoked! Thanks for sharing.

I know this Lindberg release will spare my Revell Beall tanker from the saw. I'll use that for a big tanker and get a couple of these for truck mounted tanks. Yay Lindberg. B)

Although I don't build truck models at all and know next to nothing about them, I must admit they are one of my guilty pleasures on this site. Not only is the work truck modelers do spectacularly wonderful almost all of the time, but there's something about the detail and complexity of the subject that is completely seductive. I may never build one but I will always enjoy these big rigs to the max! And this shiny chromed tanker with all its cool details embodies everything I love about these things! Can't wait to see this incredible piece incorporated into someone's build!

Edited by gbk1

I know this Lindberg release will spare my Revell Beall tanker from the saw. I'll use that for a big tanker and get a couple of these for truck mounted tanks. Yay Lindberg. ;)

I agree! ive come close to cutting mine up also..but its just much to large...it would be so cut up to look right its just not worth it. I gotta get more c600's now!

Although I don't build truck models at all and know next to nothing about them, I must admit they are one of my guilty pleasures on this site. No only is the work truck modelers do spectacularly wonderful almost all of the time, but there's something about the detail and complexity of the subject that is completely seductive. I may never build one but I will always enjoy these big rigs to the max! And this shiny chromed tanker with all its cool details embodies everything I love about these things! Can't wait to see this incredible piece incorporated into someone's build!

Whoooo......that's spooky....How could you have known what my exact thoughts were on this subject... ;) .....

Bernard, not taking a shot at you mate, what you said is almost word for word the way in which I was thinking......you said it first, and better than I could've.... ;)

I would love to attempt a nice truck build one day....as Bill said, maybe combine this with the L-700 kit.......I'm liking that idea......hmmmmm...... ;)

• 12 years later...

Just posting these for reference in case someone else happens upon this oddball reissue of the ex-IMC Tanker Trailer by THC Worldwide. Not really sure how this came about, but it does show Testors produced the kit, or at least the parts, as there is no chassis/frame, nor any wheels and tires included.

Tanker2.thumb.jpg.b970d839f33a42fbc0b9f58881cf0801.jpg

Tanker1.thumb.jpg.1accd03745d437f4cf4844781f5f733d.jpg

Tanker3.thumb.jpg.51396c613849151f483ff6210f2b7487.jpg

Tanker4.thumb.jpg.59cdd5b8277e68e51e628af63be73b87.jpg

Tanker5.thumb.jpg.0a6c40dc48da708f0755383e4f40d230.jpg

Tanker6.thumb.jpg.71b48f906f5e638c0c6110460100b015.jpg

Here are some pics when I mocked it up with and AMT Ford C-series cab:

Tanker7.jpg.a503f896ed4e164027418bdb87e80420.jpg

Tanker9.thumb.jpg.a3ed15ece98d6ed48589a0ea9544e830.jpg

Tanker8.jpg.da34a7f7f06e38c57098113cd607c549.jpg

On 2/24/2021 at 10:13 AM, Casey said:

Just posting these for reference in case someone else happens upon this oddball reissue of the ex-IMC Tanker Trailer by THC Worldwide. Not really sure how this came about, but it does show Testors produced the kit, or at least the parts, as there is no chassis/frame, nor any wheels and tires included.

THC Worldwide did a flatbed as well as a tanker.  I got these at an auction a couple years ago....

IMC 1.jpg

IMC 2.jpg

IMC 3.jpg

I’m building the tanker right now on my bench.  Gonna be my first light weathering job.  

here it is with wheels just mocked up.  I see where this would be the cats meow for a short  bed build  

that’s the pre-funny car rake chassis for the L700 in the foreground  I raised the front with some spare trailer parts that went unused    

286E65C3-FD58-4088-AA9A-05A776D3BBBE.jpeg

BBEE506B-D053-433F-96C8-CB989A962C71.jpeg

1 hour ago, HomerS said:

THC Worldwide did a flatbed as well as a tanker.  I got these at an auction a couple years ago....

IMC 1.jpg

Did the Milk Truck Tank Body kit include wheels? It looks like the Lumber Truck Body kit did.

I realize the  IMC tanker kit came out in around 1970, but can anybody put a year or era for this trailer. I have seen photos of tanker trailers from 1955 that look just like this trailer. A great trailer to go behind  50's thru 60's tractors, design looks a bit dated for 70's tractors.

Edited by leafsprings