Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dodge L700 with Chrome tanker

SteveG

..... I was so busy trying to get my Mustang CJ project done I forgot about the package I got from Lindberg last week.

Picture108-vi.jpg

Picture111-vi.jpg

This is a production sample just released so they should be in stores any day now if they're not already. All the chromed tanker parts are in bags. The Skelly painted tanker version is already out, it was released at the begining of the month.

-Steve

how is the flash on the cab? is the plastic darker than the issue with the 40 ford? are the instructions a little clearer than said previous version? are the parts numbered on the trees and instruction sheet?

My sample has very little flash on the cab parts and is molded in nice bright white plastic. There are still no numbers on the trees, same as the original IMC version. The cab instructions have photos of all the parts and a number on each part. Some of the cab illustrations are a little small. The trailer instructions are easier to read and include a duplicate French version. No trailer parts number guide that I saw.

-Steve

Darn! the tanker was supposed to be released on it's own, I really don't want another of those Dodge trucks, but I would like to have the chrome tanker to build a milk tanker with (I have an old set of Borden's "Elsie the cow" decals in 1/25 scale, & my daughter collects "Elsie" memorabilia :D .

Edited by horsepower

Darn! the tanker was supposed to be released on it's own, I really don't want another of those Dodge trucks, but I would like to have the chrome tanker to build a milk tanker with (I have an old set of Borden's "Elsie the cow" decals in 1/25 scale, & my daughter collects "Elsie" memorabilia :lol: .

I'm planning some sort of fuel truck, using the albeit shortened body of the trailer kit, on an Amt Ford C-900 (the stake truck) kit.

I remember seeing such an old truck on my travels thought the western US, years ago.... :lol:

• 4 years later...

how does the tanker itself compare to the AMT tankers build-wise? are they as horrible fitting? or a completely different animal build/fit wise?

Its been a long time since Ive built one, but it was nothing like the AMT trailer. I remember it going together pretty easy and fitting together with no issues.

Plated version is great!

Not perfect fitting, but way easier to put togheter then the AMT Fruehauf one, for sure.

Indeed a Plated tanker only issue (no L-700), would be welcome, this 60's early 70's period plated tanker trailer would look great (way better!) behind AMT's : Pete 359/352, KW K123, Diamond Reo, Western Star to name a few.