Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Minicraft Orange "Peel" 1/16 Model A

Sure is Chuck. Really nice piece in my opinion.

The body, chassis, and engines are well done especially the hopped up Flathead.

The wheels and tires, however, are a huge disappointment IMHO. The front tires are way too short, the wheel centercaps are huge, and the backsides of the slicks are devoid of sidewalls. :rolleyes:

The body, chassis, and engines are well done especially the hopped up Flathead.

The wheels and tires, however, are a huge disappointment IMHO. The front tires are way too short, the wheel centercaps are huge, and the backsides of the slicks are devoid of sidewalls. :huh:

Yep- the tires for mine were about the only fly in the ointment as far as I was concerned. Other than that, it looks to be a terrific kit. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I know that the wheels are the obvious "sore thumb" in this kit, but has anyone else noticed that horrible bandaid of a rear crossmember, the fact that the motor mounts sit on the fenders and don't even touch the frame, there are no lower radiator hoses, and that its running an unsplit front wishbone attached to a stock model a trans? It really is a shame that they put so much work into tooling up some really nice new parts and did such a horrible job adapting them to the kits.

Does anyone remember the horrible radiator hoses from the early issues of the pickup & roadster?

These reissues with just a change in plastic color and decals remind me of the old Lindberg 1/8 Bobtail T... Mold it in adiferent color and throw some decals at it and instant "new kit"

Mold it in adiferent color and throw some decals at it and instant "new kit"

And they've released it with "new" box art at least four different times.

The kit is what it is, and considering it's age, it's not horrible. I was just deeply disappointed by the wheels and rear slicks as there are so few vintage 1/16 speed parts available in kit form, especially pie crust slicks. B)

• 2 weeks later...

Mine has some nasty sink marks on the cylinder heads, now that I've really dug in and started working on it. :lol: But other than that, the kit is molded well. Just wish my 1:16 parts box had stuff I could use on it, besides the stock parts I took out of this kit! :lol: