Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Peterbilt 352 Pacemaker

Mr mopar

• 3 weeks later...

I hope everyone had a great Christmas! I received the "new" 352 Pacemaker for Xmas. The tires are indeed Goodyear & unlike some kit tires these look the part. My kit has a few problems and I'm hoping Round2 will replace some parts for me. I'll let you know how that works out.

The instructions give part #'s but there are no part #'s on the sprues. Most parts have moderate to heavy flash & and there is, as usual, no decal placement guide.

The frame rails (#105 & #106) are warped & the oil pan (#25) has a prominent sink mark on the bottom. I may be able to repair these if Round2 won't replace them.

What I won't be able to repair is the left front spring (#70? or #71?) as it is warped beyond repair. Also the windshield has a sink mark in the passengers line of sight.

All of this was noted on cursory inspection, hopefully I won't find anything else.

Cheers.

Gary.

im so glad to have this truck back out, i sent round 2 an email every 3 to 4 weeks for almost a year asking if they would bring it back. all the responces i got said "there are no plans to modle the peterbilt 352 at this time" lol so i started askin if i could buy the molds and they said there are no molds for sale. im guessin that enouph of us bugged em over it to get it back out. ill clean flashing and fill lil sink holes anyday on this truck. this is my favorite truck of all time, i sepnt alot of time riding in one with dad and grampa, like em so much i went and bought me a 1:1 1974 a few weeks ago, and i just cant have enouph of these in my model stash. :)B)

Geez , from what i read from cruz control this is going to be a peice of junk . Maybe you should mail them the parts to show them your not joking them about the warpage . I still got a couple of these from before so i won't be buying any of these warp factor trucks .

• 3 weeks later...

We should be thankful any of these old truck kits come back. I know i am it saves me money by not having to buy them on ebay. I welcome any trucks round2 reissues. You have to understand that many of these molds are 30-40 years old. That alone is going to bring along challanges. Yes you will need to fix ,file, fill and sand nearly every part on the kit but thats part of the fun. They do build up into great looking display trucks if you take your time. Keep em comming Round 2

• 3 weeks later...

For what it is worth -

30 some years ago I probably put together every AMT and Ertl HD truck kit made. Fool I was and pitched them. Anyway, I have bought the re-released Diamond Reo and now the Freightliner COE. Like a bad nightmare I remember the cab/hood on the Reo/Western Star/Road Boss and 3 piece cab on the Freightliner COE was not good on these things back then either. I guess some things never change but for $30-40 compared today to the $5-6 bucks back then, I surely hoped for some improvement at least on the warpage. Oh well. Just glad to have them back.

I welcome any cheap and simple suggestions for getting the cab joints on the AMT Freightliner COE clean without destroying the rivet detail. Been a long time....

• 4 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...