Model Cars Magazine Forum

Italeri to re-release Revell Ford Aeromax!

metalhead

I don't see why other companies don't do what round2's doing and price their semi kits around 30-45 bucks. The price tag is the entire reason that i'm not a truck modeler, they are just way too over priced.

Yes, the retail on the big trucks is a might hard to get warm an fuzzy with ......................

Yeah, I saw that.....I totally am wishing for that FLD, too....Although I see potential with the Ford, I think the price is a little steep, as well, but I know about the import costs.....I'm just glad to see that 359 rotator come back out...And that's priced reasonably.....Even better than when it was first released....Of course, we'll see if that changes....But if you preorder, now....You got it....

The funny thing about these kits is that nobody wanted them when they were out because they were curbside. Once they disappeared it became a hot item. Luckily I snagged a few before they went bye bye.

I don't really care about the curbside issue, as to me it's really a non-issue. I always display my trucks with the hood closed anyway, so one never sees the engine. If you really wanted to you could always put a resin Cummins ISX in it.

I don't really care about the curbside issue, as to me it's really a non-issue. I always display my trucks with the hood closed anyway, so one never sees the engine. If you really wanted to you could always put a resin Cummins ISX in it.

Honestly, the amount of missing "stuff" under the hood of any version VN is staggering. So unless Italeri steps up & tools up a entirely new kit, it is better off as a curbside. The only ISX available now is in resin from Auslowe & although it is a very nice piece, it is in 1/25. The VN being 1/24 really makes the ISX look more about the size of a ISC (approx 9 L) .

Ap40

I'm with you all the way on the return of the Volvo kits.....I, personally, liked the Volvo kits....Yeah, they're curbsides, but Man, they look good when you pair it up to a race trailer....I bought 4, when they were out and acquired a few more just recently....And, you're right about the "staggering" amount of stuff missing that you would need to put an engine inside....About the only thing I would do is rob another kit for the steering....Other than that, I don't see anything else my skill level will tolerate.... :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree with the others but the thing is, those trucks are current and they're going up and down our roads, today! So let's have them, let us who wish so, put engines in them and a steering axle like the other Italeri kits and call it a day. But then again, did they sell really well to start with? It seems popular with some of the guys here and I like it myself having built one, but what about overall sales?

Edited by BigBad