Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius Models Accessory Pack - Big Rig Wheel & Tire Set

• 2 weeks later...

One of the vendors at the show last weekend had this for $16, and I considered picking it up; but then I remembered my LoneStar that was sitting on the contest table. The tires had fused to the diaplay case bottom, and I could not remove them. Before I had put the model into a display case I had it on a shelf, and the tires stuck to that, too. Has anyone else had this problem with the Moebius tires?

One of the vendors at the show last weekend had this for $16, and I considered picking it up; but then I remembered my LoneStar that was sitting on the contest table. The tires had fused to the diaplay case bottom, and I could not remove them. Before I had put the model into a display case I had it on a shelf, and the tires stuck to that, too. Has anyone else had this problem with the Moebius tires?

Mine have been good so far. Built mine a while ago.

Ben

Hey Jim this sounds like a sticky situation. Just got 2 sets from Jack @ Model Roundup and put them on two original 359 Petes replacing the kit tires. Did not notice any problem yet but the trucks sit on pine shelves that are polyurethaned and about every 6 months are wiped down with Pledge. This may keep them from sticking, I'll find out. Did notice that the tires are somewhat soft. They look good, I ordered two more sets for the T866 Petes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi everyone!

I've just started building my first truck - the 1/24 Revell Kenworth dump truck - absolutely loving it so far.

One thing is starting to bug me though - the more I look at it the more I think the wheels don't look right. They just seem to look a bit too small for the size of the rig.

I saw on another post where a guy had a similar kit (the sleeper version I think) which had some of the wheels missing that someone recommended trying the moebius big rig wheel kit.

I just wondered if anyone could tell me what the outer diameter is of the tyres so I can compare them to the ones in the Kenworth kit please?

I'll post a few pics of the kit so far when I get home in the workbench section - it'd be interesting to get some feedback :-)

Thanks guys :-)