Model Cars Magazine Forum

Australian K200 Kenworth Cabover

Nope, they gave me the run around and I won't be able to get them to sell over here. From what I have heard, it will be a miracle if these kits ever even see the light of day! One promise after another from Drake!

Nope, they gave me the run around and I won't be able to get them to sell over here. From what I have heard, it will be a miracle if these kits ever even see the light of day! One promise after another from Drake!

Surprised we haven't seen any test shots yet. Drake's diecast is arguable the best in the world. Hopefully it will happen. Cheers.

Ben

• 4 weeks later...

This is a quote from Bruce Hay on model truck builders from around the world facebook page. It's still happening. :).

Aren't there some experts on the post... Drake have many Diecast project in development at present as well as the kits. Where other companies have a project development team Drake just have one which is me.
The original plan was to produce and release both kits together but that now seams unlikely. The hold up is the K200. We have suitable data to produce the model in 1/50 scale which has limited amount of detail but is not good enough to reproduce a 1/24 version. I have seen the 3D drawings and was not happy with it. I want to down scale a 1:1 scale truck to 1:24 not upscale a 1/50 toy to 1/24 scale. If we did that we would never hear the end of it from the all the rivet counters if something is a mm out of shape. So while we wait for a 3D drawing of a chassis from PACCAR engineering and PACCAR to get approval from the diff, gearbox etc manufacturers to supply us with 3D drawings of the components we will continue with the trailer, which the factory tell me will be available to display at the Brisbane trucks next month.

• 4 weeks later...