Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT parts Pack Chrome sleeper................

Just received a 351 hood conversion from AITM, really nice casting. Dave does not have it listed on his web site but it is HC-351. Includes hood, fenders headlights and brackets, optional bug screen and two bumpers. Going to build one of the Petes into an early '60's 351. Aitm is on vacation until July 21.

Very nice! as already stated,Mercury's were aftermarket sleepers that could be ordered to fit most any truck,They were built in California,so were more popular out west (Petes KW's Western Stars etc.) but ended up on most every make and model of truck produced. Vintage Mercury's command big bucks for those restoring 1:1 trucks these days,as they were well made and pretty neat looking too!................................Mark

Kinda figured we'd get a sleeper kit of some kind. Wonder if they will 'find' the Pete sleeper for a rerun of the 2nd edition of the Pete????

Kool idea anyway.

As far as I have heard the original sleeper for the second issue of the 359 small window Pete is altered and not usable.

But AITM has the original sleeper, it's marked as 36 inch Restrite Sleeper on the website.

A chromed Mercury Sleeper is a cool choise, many polished them out.

Edited by Force

I still have

As far as I have heard the original sleeper for the second issue of the 359 small window Pete is altered and not usable.

But AITM has the original sleeper, it's marked as 36 inch Restrite Sleeper on the website.

I still have a mint Pete sleeper as I used my kit to build Phil Jenson High Wide and Handsome from CM Mag.

• 1 month later...