Model Cars Magazine Forum

Battle of Armageddon diorama / book of Revelation

Started this one a couple of weeks ago and just got on a roll. I swear I have the attention span of a gnat - I just can't keep focused on one thing at a time!

The idea was to portray the battle of Armageddon using mecha and my own symbolic interpretations. I started with this red cloth that I got from my daughter and cut a piece of plexiglass to lay over it to depict a river of blood...

DSCF5001.jpg

Used woodland scenics ready grass and shaped it by heating it with a heat gun...

DSCF5012.jpg

Applied a little bit of a wash to low lying areas, added talus, realistic water and water effects, lightly sprayed some different earth tone paints on the grass...

DSCF5014.jpg

DSCF5016.jpg

The third angel poured out his bowl on the rivers and springs of water, and they became blood.

(Revelation 16:4)

DSCF5017.jpg

Edited by Larryhagmansliver

The ash came right out of a bonfire from my back yard. I can not take credit for the rock formation, it was premade when I bought it...

DSCF5019.jpg

These 3 little devils represent the Beast, The Dragon, and the False Prophet...

DSCF5024.jpg

DSCF5027.jpg

DSCF5026.jpg

I'm beginning to get addicted to these Gundam models. This one will represent the angelic army...

DSCF5034.jpg

Their king is the angel from the bottomless pit; his name in Hebrew is Abaddon, and in Greek, Apollyon -- the Destroyer.

(Revelation 9:11)

This nasty looking Gundam will represent him...

DSCF5043.jpg

Disregard the little green mech on the lower left, I decided not to mix scales and removed it..

DSCF5044.jpg

Now we're seeing some backup on the scene! I intend to fill this entire side of the landscape with angels of all different sorts. Note the 1/6 dollhouse Bible in the Gundam's hand..

DSCF5066.jpg

I applied a very unique, top secret heavy wash to the evil Gundam to make it look charred as if he had been through hellfire...

DSCF5064.jpg

The soldiers of the world army are 1:144 scale. I plan to add more vehicles to go along with the tank, and the white star will need to be covered up by the world government's decal to fit the story...

DSCF5065.jpg

Are the pretty blue helmets subtle enough?

The mere presence of the angelic warriors on the one side of the river causes that side of the valley to appear fertile. The opposite is true on the other side...

DSCF5062.jpg

Then they gathered the kings together to the place that in Hebrew is called Armageddon.

(Revelation 16:16)

DSCF5068.jpg

Still a work in progress, but I'm very excited about how it's coming along! So...what do you think?

I'm just an old fart, maybe not up to scratch with all this kind of stuff....... but what has this got to do with model cars? ("Model Cars Magazine Forum") I can appreciate the work you've put into it though...... so maybe it's just me. If so, then I apologise for my lack of understanding.

Tony

what has this got to do with model cars?

About as much as the mansion from the Psycho movie and the Addams family home that I saw on here. That would have to be my answer.

Look, I'm not trying to make waves, I'm just sharing what I think is a creative piece. There's a section to this website labelled "other models" for non-car related stuff, but I thought it was more appropriate to share this in the Diorama section. Most of what I've done have been cars. I was proud of this piece, and I wanted to share it thinking that others might enjoy it too.

If you don't like it, fine. Taste is subjective. I can take criticism. But - Do we have to be so litigious about this stuff?

Neato burrito! As for the questions "Why is it here?" and "What does it have to do with model cars?" The answer lies within the Diorama forum's title...anyone read it when entering this section?

Dioramas

Anything and everything to do with the art of the diorama.

...nuff said...

It's ok if it's religious, it's interesting. Anyway, i'd like ta know who wins this battle, caz it does have it's implications!!!

Sorry George, I missed your question the first time around.

The good guys win! Per Revelation 19...

Then I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to make war against the rider on the horse and his army. But the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who had performed the miraculous signs on his behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped his image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur. The rest of them were killed with the sword that came out of the mouth of the rider on the horse

Faith is never in vain. Ridiculed at times, but never in vain!

Interesting dio and in my opinion it belongs here as much as any dio belongs. Most dioramas are background and not vehicles. If the builder chooses to place a car in it or not... the model is the background!

I say carry on!

But then I am bias and scripture says that Jesus wins.

These will wage war against the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, because He is Lord of lords and King of kings, and THOSE WHO ARE WITH HIM are the called and chosen and faithful. - Revelation 17:14

Hey guys........ I didn't intend to ruffle a whole bunch of feathers. Apologies to all those of you that I unintentionally did.

Jairus..... you make a good point about diarama building not necessarily having to have a car in it. I guess I just expected that it should somehow relate to cars because of what I thought this "model cars" forum is all about. In fact I did comment that I liked the dio even though I just didn't understand it. (I'm so old I'm just not up to date on all these weird (to me) type plastic figures...... Now that everyone has explained it... I feel about sixty years younger!)

Neil..... no disrespect was intended. Keep 'em coming.......

Tony

Neil..... no disrespect was intended. Keep 'em coming.......

Tony

No problem Tony. I should probably go back and update my progress on some of the car stuff I was working on too.

As far as the Biblical diorama thing, I think I will keep them coming. There's practically an endless source of possibilities for Biblical stories that could be retold with mecha and stuff. It could be my "thing" so to speak. After all, theres a popular children's show using vegetables to do the same thing, and Gundams are much cooler than cucumbers!

I think it's understood that the diorama section refers to automotive-related dioramas... dioramas that contain model cars. Garage scenes, a rusted hulk in a field, that sort of thing. After all, this is the Model Cars forum.

However, many of us (myself included) build more than just cars, so we have a place for "other" models, and that's where I'm going to move this topic.

I know it's a judgment call, but that's exactly what a moderator does all day: make judgment calls.

I think it's understood that the diorama section refers to automotive-related dioramas... dioramas that contain model cars. Garage scenes, a rusted hulk in a field, that sort of thing. After all, this is the Model Cars forum.

However, many of us (myself included) build more than just cars, so we have a place for "other" models, and that's where I'm going to move this topic.

I know it's a judgment call, but that's exactly what a moderator does all day: make judgment calls.

So..today is the Day of Judgment?

Really cool idea, Neil! I like your interpretation of the "Final Battle".

I've been wanting to build Noah's ark for a long time. Minicraft makes a pretty cool kit of it, but I think I want to do mine out of real wood (and a larger scale). It's probably gonna take me forever, but it would be a pretty cool conversation piece when complete.

I think I'll wait for my daughter to get a little older first, so we can build it together.

I've been wanting to build Noah's ark for a long time. Minicraft makes a pretty cool kit of it, but I think I want to do mine out of real wood (and a larger scale). It's probably gonna take me forever, but it would be a pretty cool conversation piece when complete.

I think I'll wait for my daughter to get a little older first, so we can build it together.

Wayne, L = 300 cubits, W = 50 cubits, H = 30 cubits...

Post up some pictures when it's done...

Wayne, L = 300 cubits, W = 50 cubits, H = 30 cubits...

Post up some pictures when it's done...

Royal Egyptian cubits (or so I've read). Imagine doing it in 1/25th? So, that would be 300x20.6" = 6180"/25 = 247.2" long ~~ 50x20.6" = 1030"/25 = 41.2" wide ~~ 30x20.6" = 618"/25 = 24.72" high

1/25th Noah's Ark - 20.6ft long , 3.43ft wide , 2.06ft tall Whoa! :o

Realistically, I'm thinking of doing 1/87 (HO scale), almost 6 feet long. I could build a table with a 4x8 sheet of plywood on top and it should fit nicely with room to do landscape all around it. I figure at that scale, it would be big enough to not be an extremely tedious task, but the main reason is; There are tons of HO scale animals, trees and all kinds of needed supplies readily available. Good thing I have a pretty good size basement.. If the old lady throws a fit though, I may have to go "N" scale. However, that scale seems to be more expensive, with less of an assortment of supplies.

Oh, and, I'll definitely put it up here, gonna be a while though. :)