Model Cars Magazine Forum

Arizona guys, Mikes Postal Club sale

Greg Myers

A lot of us car modelers will be at GoodGuys 5th Spring Nationals Model Car and Pedal Car Contest and Show at Westworld in Scottsdale.

There will be a few stragglers at the swap meet along with all the military, airplane, armor, ship, and figure modelers.

Remember, Desert Scale Classic's swap meet is only a month away and it will be car/truck models only.

Beautiful morning in spring in Phoenix.. Went to Mike Cholewa's local model swap meet. First time in twelve years for me and I've some observations..

Went with a 24 year old friend.. He was far and away the youngest fellow in a room of 100 or so. Rest of us were in our 50's+.. Looked like AARP Convention.

Met old friends and we jawed while experiencing the visual overload of all-those-kits..

Prices were somewhere North of half- current retail. Some twenty year old stock were the cheapest at 10-15.00 each.. They were 5.00 new back then.

Most good stuff around 30 bucks and up.

Lotsa decals, but little aftermarket. I did find an estate sale of bins of parts, chrome trees, and scratchbuilding bits,( RIP, Chuck Granger).

So.. a bit more expensive, but a good scene. Glad we still have these things.

I was there early, crowded, which is good for Mike. I bought a few new released kits from Mike's table. I did look over the estate sale items and was not able to find anything appealing. I had hoped for someone selling paints at a deal, which I do see occasionally. I cruised the tables a few times then headed to the hobby shop to get some paints.

It was a nice day in Phoenix, mild winter season this year!