Model Cars Magazine Forum

'53 Corvette

Greg Pugh

• 7 months later...

After a VERY busy summer, things are finally winding down and I should now be able to spend more time at the desk. After spending the day yesterday cleaning and reorganizing my work space, I was able to spend some time today getting some work done on the Vette.

I got the dash all finished up and the body BMF'd so it's now ready for clear coat.

vette013.JPG

vette014.JPG

I got the interior sprayed today. I was originally going to paint it Flat Red. I had it in the bottle, ready to spray, and at the last moment, I thought it looked too bright. So I added some Dark Red and a touch of Black and ended up with this color. I think it'll look much better against the Dark Gray. I plan on knocking the sheen down a bit. Then, just need to flock and add a small amount of foiling and it'll be ready to rock. Sometimes, I really dig simple interiors. Lol

vette015.JPG

vette016.JPG

Edited by gpugh1976

Got the door panels finished up this afternoon.

vette019.JPG

vette020.JPG

Got the door panels finished up this afternoon.

vette019.JPG

vette020.JPG

funny, when I saw the color of the body I was thinking that an oxblood interior would really add some class, reminds me of a Mercedes combination. But I think I would have done something about the old cast iron powerglide transmission.

funny, when I saw the color of the body I was thinking that an oxblood interior would really add some class, reminds me of a Mercedes combination. But I think I would have done something about the old cast iron powerglide transmission.

I probably should have but at the last minute, I figured I already had plenty going on and it was sure nice to have this engine/trans combo fit so nicely in it's frame. Lol

I got the interior finished up this afternoon. The dash attaches to the body rather than the tub so that's why you're not seeing the dash (in case you were wondering...lol). The carpet is actually much closer in color to the seats than what this picture shows. The lighting musta been weird.

vette022.JPG

vette021.JPG

Edited by gpugh1976