Model Cars Magazine Forum

'Snowball 2'

Abell82

Got the Snowball in my hands last night. Opened the box and found a bunch of good work and some of ups finest handling in the world. The left frame horn and 3 wheels are broke off along with upper left control arm. Im having a hard time between paint of interior? Both need a ton of attention and im leaning towards body mods and paint right now to keep this project alive. Ill do a spoon test this weekend on some colors i have in the cabinet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Jason has had it 3 months per his post about receiving it, AND it looks like he has not been online since early March.

He has not SIGNED IN, in 3 months.

It does not mean he has not been here, just that he hasn't signed in.

Edited by Abell82

Lesson learned - get phone numbers from participants before models are sent.

Unfortunately, that's still no guarantee that whoever participates is going to stay true to what they agreed to. These types of "pass it on" builds" are fun to watch, but they're risky, for the very reasons we've seen here. If each participant doesn't take their "turn" seriously, the whole project suffers. :(

I just wonder how many years this project will actually take? It's already headed for the four year mark. It got off to a good start until Len Geisler got a hold of it. Seems like it has went down hill since. In the words of Phil Robertson,"I think it's time to pee on fire and call in the dogs".

This thing has become...tedious to say the least. There is always that ONE individual (or 2 as the case may be)

that thinks the rules don't apply to them that RUIN the experience for everyone else.

If I had to do it over again, I would not unless I was a moderator with moderating powers.

And as stated I would get email addresses, home addresses, home and cell phone numbers, and the next of kin phone numbers as well. And no I am not kidding. :angry:

Edited by Abell82

I just wonder how many years this project will actually take? It's already headed for the four year mark. It got off to a good start until Len Geisler got a hold of it. Seems like it has went down hill since. In the words of Phil Robertson,"I think it's time to pee on fire and call in the dogs".

Yeah, that's right all my fault....Maybe if it wasn't run like a prison camp, and you guys were able to listen to and allow others to explain their situations maybe, just maybe it'd have gone a different route...

In my case, this is a hobby, only a HOBBY, my family and job come first, sometimes hobbies have to suffer when you have responsibilities in the real world. I have had to "pause" my building several times thus far in my lifetime, and could see it happening again.....

Too bad it all fell apart, but see I'm not the only one whose life got in the way...

Yeah, that's right all my fault....Maybe if it wasn't run like a prison camp, and you guys were able to listen to and allow others to explain their situations maybe, just maybe it'd have gone a different route...

In my case, this is a hobby, only a HOBBY, my family and job come first, sometimes hobbies have to suffer when you have responsibilities in the real world. I have had to "pause" my building several times thus far in my lifetime, and could see it happening again.....

Too bad it all fell apart, but see I'm not the only one whose life got in the way...

You have got to be kidding about the "prison camp" comment! :rolleyes: If anything, Jason has been over lenient during the course of this project. He made the rules very plain and clear Len. Did you not read the rules? They were posted for a reason. Each builder had one month to work on it. Not three months, not six months, not nine months, not twelve months and certainly not the over fifteen months that you had it for!! Everyone agreed to one month before this project started. Sure, life does get in the way sometimes. But there was absolutely no excuse for the length of time that you had it for period. It doesn't take that long to make a trip to the post office. :rolleyes: If you knew you weren't going to have time to work on it, you should have asked for your turn later. I'm sure that Jason would have obliged you. There have been others that have took longer than the one month time limit. But, right now, you hold the record for keeping it the longest. Hopefully, it will be a record that won't be broken.

You have got to be kidding about the "prison camp" comment! :rolleyes: If anything, Jason has been over lenient during the course of this project. He made the rules very plain and clear Len. Did you not read the rules? They were posted for a reason. Each builder had one month to work on it. Not three months, not six months, not nine months, not twelve months and certainly not the over fifteen months that you had it for!! Everyone agreed to one month before this project started. Sure, life does get in the way sometimes. But there was absolutely no excuse for the length of time that you had it for period. It doesn't take that long to make a trip to the post office. :rolleyes: If you knew you weren't going to have time to work on it, you should have asked for your turn later. I'm sure that Jason would have obliged you. There have been others that have took longer than the one month time limit. But, right now, you hold the record for keeping it the longest. Hopefully, it will be a record that won't be broken.

Nope, I wasn't kidding at all.....

If my crystal ball had told me that "life" would happen while I was trying to work on a model, maybe I wouldn't have thought of being involved, sometimes that ball, she doesn't work so well...

Well, as for the record, looks like Snoball is missing again, hmmmm....

That is all from me, all this silly banter over a model is making my head hurt...

• 3 months later...