Model Cars Magazine Forum

Like the title says, you've probably already seen my 29 Pickup and also the go-kart. But now they're together in one big truck, kart sandwich. I also glued some clear lenses over the sucky chrome kit headlights. The clear parts glue took forever to turn from white to clear, but it finally happened about two weeks later.

Img_1421c.jpg?psid=1

Img_1417b.jpg?psid=1

Edited by Alyn

Thanks for the good words.

I didn't do a WIP on the kart, but I did post some pics and info in the Under Glass section a while back. With the exception of the seat which came out of the the AMT competition parts pack, the kart is all scratch built from raw materials (styrene, brass, aluminum, steel and rubber). Here's a link to the original post.

http://www.modelcars...=1

Here;s a couple of pics showing the slide-in rack which is also scratch built from styrene rod and sheet.

Img_1429b.jpg?psid=1&ck=0&ex=720

Img_1430b.jpg?psid=1&ck=0&ex=720

Thanks for pointing that out, Sam :(

I looked at a bunch of karts on line before starting this build and had definately decided to have a tank mounted in front of the steering mount upright. I'm not sure how or when that step tip-toed out of my brain, but it did. I've recently pulled the kart off the shelf to add a brake line and possibly a throttle cable. The tank will be added to the list for sure.

thanks for checking it out.

Thanks again, y'all

Jim, if you are interested in building a kart, here's a pic of the frame in the early stages of construction. It may give you an idea of how to get one started.

IMG_0103b.JPG?psid=1

Sam, I built a gas tank tonight and a platform to go between the frame rails to hold it. I've been taking pics so I' ll be able to pull this back into the WIP section for the tank and other miscellaneous details. Keep an eye out if your interested.

Thanks, guys, Art, I had high hopes for GSL, but the competition is tough. The lack of chassis plumbing and wiring surely didn't help.

If anyone's interested, I've started a wip thread to add the missing fuel tank and a few other details

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46441

Thanks all for you interest and great support.

• 6 years later...