Model Cars Magazine Forum

Constalation, Can Do and AeroMax by Sergey

[twitter][/twitter]Hi, friends.

Let me show you some of my recent models:

WesternStar Constalation was my 7-th model and the first one which airbrushed.

The color is Model Master “Classic whiteâ€. The original decals are covered with acrylic lacquer. Both the truck and trailer built out of box:

g01526_3583038.jpg

g01526_2266191.jpg

Next is a model of one of the most beautiful Stepp’s wrecker.

I've started with chassis and plan to make a "working" lifting axle. The cylinders of lifting gear was made from insulinic disposable syringe.

To escape the joints on fuel tanks and exhaust pipes, I've washed the chromed papts, fill the joints, prime and chromed them again.

On the engine you can see some wireing.

I used SMD leds to imitate "working" lights. In the headlights there are white leds 0604 (Apr. 1 x 1,5 mm), painted in transparent orange (it shouldn't looks like a xenon) and covered with a piece of tracing paper (so you can't see the orange inside the headlight). In the tail-lights are installed red-leds 0805 (Apr. 2 x1,5 mm). The clock batterys and the button were located at the toolbox before the lifting axle. The door was cut out and hinged on hangers. Next I decided to camouflage the battery-box as an oil can and added some tools from Italeri's Accessories. The door of the bunk was cut out and hinged too. All the rest doors were designed as opening.

The reverse motion light reflectors were painted by brush (metallic grey, aluminium). I used the adhesive ruber tape around the glass to give the lights more realistic view. The mudflaps are made from black/white mate and chrome "Oracl" tape.

Unfortunately the steering wheel was damaged when I dryed it after painting under the lamp. But it's O.K. I've made the new one even better.

The wipers are taken from Italeri's model-kit. The flagstaffs are made from a paper-clip. The antennas are from copper wire. The spotlight on the roof can rotate up to 180 degree.

The body of the wrecker is painted with ММ Classic White.

g02785_6419631.jpg

g02785_9183830.jpg

g02785_4941095.jpg

g02785_4657777.jpg

The last one, but the best of mine is a heavy truck - Ford Aeromax 120 by Italeri. I have slightly completed the base kit:

Chassis and engine are filled with plumbing. Sleeper’s walls completed with trimming, lockers, micro wave oven and light. There is batteries box under the lower bunk to feed LEDs in headlights and sleeper. Cab interior is detailed from dashboard and radio to seat belts and curtain behind the chairs.

Scratchbuild parts are: front fenders, mud flaps, taillights, windscreen wash bottle and valves. Doors are made opening. Besides rear mirrors, exhaust pipes cups, fifth wheel and side step are made adjustable and movable.

In this project I have used: etched windscreen wipers, number plates, logos from “Kit form Serviceâ€, as well as Chassis Data Plates and Ford logo decals. The rest of this model is made out of the box. The cab, sleeper and hood are airbrushed with Tamiya’s TS-8 and clear varnish TS-13.

g04693_6773522.jpg

g04693_5667693.jpg

g04693_7420495.jpg

g04693_8842078.jpg

Feel free to ask questiones. :)

Sergey, wonderful work! I love the detail work you did on the Ford and Can Do. What did you use for the mesh in the sleeper storage compartment on the Ford? That is very similar to the real netting used in the real things! I also glad to see the broom, shovel, and oil can on Can Do, those are three details no wrecker should ever be without. I drove heavy duty wrecker here in the states, no trucks as pretty as Can Do, though, and we needed the broom and shovel to clean up messes from crashes, and used the small oil drums to put the mess into. Again, wonderful work!

Guest Johnny

Beautiful work Sergey!!! If I built trucks that nice I'd want to show them off too! ;)

Keep up the great work! Looking forwards to seeing more of your work in the future! :lol:

Sergey

Your Can do is a truck that is well remembered, as one of the best display's of this kit,I remember this being a TMW back in late 2007,

and even then it was a beautiful truck, and very well detailed with lots of extra's that where added, and as well as replacing all that chrome

with Alclad, It was also a great idea, on how you had done the lift axle, using syringe tubes, but then, so was how you hide the batteries,

The areomax, is another fine build, with lots of detail, this truck really suits red, and with the extra detail is a nice ride

Some really well thought out builds, look forward to seeing alot more of your work

Don't get me wrong, I love the detail and looks of the WesternStar and Pete wrecker.

But that Ford is just

Awesome

(sorry, couldn't find a bigger Font :P)

I Love it....

Makes me want to go and get one just to have one..

Edited by Zukiholic

Thank you, guys for your words. I'm hapy, that you like them.

2 Kodiak Island Modeler & macs_rock: Next time I'll try to picture my self with the model. But your words are compliment for me. :)

Edited by Sergey