Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pro Drag Radial ZR1

This is something I've been messing with over the last couple months. Still have a ways to go but I'm slowly making progress. I'd like to thank Chief Joseph for his great looking drag radials and thank Micro Nitro for the awesome set of wheels. Hope every likes. Also a thanks to Extreme Scale Details and Futurattraction for some of the other great parts I'm using. Will have more updates soon.

IMG_20150330_165310-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

IMG_20150330_165405-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

IMG_20150330_165426-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

IMG_20150314_172014-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

I'm gonna work on the firewall and finish the front suspension mounts later today and I'll post some pics. I'm really enjoying this build so far and reading everyone's comments are keeping me motivated and also helps me from get frustrated and giving up on it. Thanks to everyone that's watching.

If anyone sees anything I'm doing wrong plz let me know. I know there's a lot more bars to add and I'm still trying to figure out the back half. I'm actually kinda lost on it right now. I'm trying to find a few decent reference pics to give me some ideas but I'm not having a whole lot of luck. Just a lot of bars back there and not really sure how to start it out. So any advice or criticism is welcome. Thanks to everyone that has talent the time to look. I haven't shown a model in a contest in yrs BC I didn't feel I was up to the skill level to be competitive. I know this stuff is for fun but I've been raised up and actually been involved in many high end show car builds plus my dad has a car he shows and that is a very competitive sport. It kinda rubbed off on me and I put that mindset into my model building. Sometimes that is good BC it makes me push myself to the limits but it is bad also BC u end out feeling like u let yourself down when u don't win or even place at a show. But I'm working on that and trying to just have fun with my builds now. Anyways I'm just rambling. Everyone enjoy and have a great day. More pics soon.

It's looking great so far Kris.. look up skinny kid race cars.. they did a Vette for Tim Lynch and they have some nice pics of it in the gallery for the build... I have one of these Vette's too that I'm planning on doing something similar to this...I've never won anything at a model show either, although I've only been in two, I keep pushing myself to always make each build better than the last.. again you're doing great pal...