Model Cars Magazine Forum

First ever competition win !

Biffo

After years of entering various (uk ipms) model shop competitions, and getting several 2nd's/3rd's and highly commended i finally got a win !
POOLE Annual model show last weekend first place in Class 6 (civilian vehicles),,,,
Thing is i was trying to get my FRANK IACONIO Pron Stock car done in time but failed so grabbed this old JOHN COLLINS Funny Car instead,,,,,glad i did now !

post-8893-0-19957400-1429812869_thumb.jp

post-8893-0-61453600-1429812889_thumb.jp

Edited by Biffo

Congratulations on your win. You never know which one the judges will like the best; The last show I went to, the car that I thought was my best didn't do anything, but the other car that I was talked into bringing by my family took First. It gos to show, you just never know. Again, congrats.

Ed

Thank you all for your kind comments, and heres a body down shot for Dave, the main parts body & most of chassis was an AIRFIX Black Belt funny car (probably a repackaged MPC kit for Uk sale) Slixx decals (didnt fit this body side stripes had to be cut into 20 sections each side !)

post-8893-0-04721900-1430252172_thumb.jp