Model Cars Magazine Forum

Model Cars Magazine WANTS YOU!!!

Harry P.

Nick,

Just write what you know. try to be clear and simple as possible and submit your article.

EVERYONE gets edited in one way or another. Somebody editing will punch up your writing if it's not up to what you feel are publishing standards.

Be confident.

:(

Pat's right–EVERY feature is edited, some more than others, but they all are. More important than writing style is GOOD photos. We can rewrite bad text; we can't reshoot bad photos! And there's only so much I can do with Photoshop.

This is why you have no pics from me from NNL Motor City #5. I think I blew it on the pics (and I still cannot figure out the FTP upload site :(;))

Pat's right–EVERY feature is edited, some more than others, but they all are. More important than writing style is GOOD photos. We can rewrite bad text; we can't reshoot bad photos! And there's only so much I can do with Photoshop.

• 2 weeks later...

If you have ever thought about seeing your work in the magazine some day, NOW IS YOUR CHANCE!!!!

We are looking for some "how-to" type articles to feature in upcoming issues.

If you have a technique, trick, or tip that would be of interest to others, you might have what it takes to be featured in the magazine. Whether we can use your work depends on the quality of the photos you can provide, and how interesting and/or useful your "how-to" is.

If you're interested, send me a PM and I'll spell out the details for you. You just might see your work in an upcoming issue of MCM! cool.gif

I WOULD VERY MUCH LIKE AN OPPERTUNITY FOR A SHOT AT MAYBE A PROFILE OF MY AND THE VARIOUS STYLES AND METHODS IN WHICH i build.paint body work,kitbashing,scratchbuilding and so on.I have built several very nice models that I feel would be a credit for an article such as this,just not sure how to go about doing it,any help would be appreciate,thansksnagain Randddddy

Guys, there is one thing I want to bring up, and it has been an issue and problem before.

We do pay a per-page rate after publication, which is a lot higher than any other magazine out here based on CPM, but, and yes, this is the big butt, if it's a "look at me" piece, or a piece that was not requested beforehand, it is considered to have been sent in "gratuitously".

We want to feature 'how-to's" where our readers will learn new tips, tricks, and techniques, not just a showcase or profile of someone's build.

If this is a problem, then please discuss this with me personally before submitting or considering your article for submission.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Have several pieces that could be of interest. I can provide CAD type drawings in support. Have a 29 roadster project that is about done and have about 190 photos to go with it. I did the detailed version of the Hawaian and Chi town cars with Bill and Len and supplied many of the detailed assembly photos that were used in the magaziene article. The first piece I did was the steering front end for Monogram kits long ago. I have been in the hobby since the early 60's, Is there anything else you'd like to know? If I could firgure out how to post pictures here I'd run how to articles on your forum.

TC