Model Cars Magazine Forum

1950 Chevy Pick Up--Takes a Lickin' But It Keeps On Tickin'!

All right, this one is in the bag, as they say . . . I still have to find a whole bunch of stuff to clutter up the bed, but I'm taking a break to do a shiny paint job next . . . hope you enjoyed the journey with this one. Again, the MPC kit builds smooth and it's a subject matter that always gets the creative juices flowing . . . give one a try, you'll love it!

003-vi.jpg

5-vi.jpg

005-vi.jpg

008-vi.jpg

Excellent weathering Virgil!! You definitely have the touch for it for sure. There's a friend up the road from me that has a similar truck that is slammed on the ground and has a healthy small block. It looks so cool. Great work!

WOW! Virg you really have this weathering thing down to a science. Very nice. The materials on the rack look like they could use some weathering too.

Where did you scource the scale tailgate chain as it is perfect?

Edited by gasser59

Thanks, everyone. Those of you who've never tried a rusty weathered job like this, you should. It will give you a nice break from spraying glossy mavens! LOL.

Oh man, I can't remember where the scale chain came from . . . I want to say Walther's and/or Micro Mark, and yes, it's perfect for truck beds like this.