Model Cars Magazine Forum

Racing Community Build

thesnake87

EDIT: I was looked around more for 1:1 comparison cars... I found this RC car

Ninco-1-Ford-Mustang-Daytona-Ninco-55007.JPG

That pretty much sums up what I want to do besides the decals, mine will be much more complete in terms of that. But the spoiler is exactly what I need... lol

That is a 1/32nd scale slot car. Not an RC. Just letting you know. Really cool car though.

I'll be keeping this build in mind. I have a lot on my plate already, and my workroom in the attic isn't air conditioned so my build schedule is limited. Given the lack of a deadline, I should be able to come up with something. (I take it you don't want to see the half-finished '66 SCCA Corvair Yenko Stinger I've already entered in the Historic Racing CBP... :D ) I've been considering a '70 Camaro done up for the Silver State run (I forget the actual name of the event, but it's a no-holds-barred high-speed run over about 100 miles worth of closed public highways in Nevada that's held annually) with a full NASCAR chassis. Like I said, I don't want to commit to this build yet, but it does sound like fun, and I will keep it in mind.

I'll be keeping this build in mind. I have a lot on my plate already, and my workroom in the attic isn't air conditioned so my build schedule is limited. Given the lack of a deadline, I should be able to come up with something. (I take it you don't want to see the half-finished '66 SCCA Corvair Yenko Stinger I've already entered in the Historic Racing CBP... :rolleyes: ) I've been considering a '70 Camaro done up for the Silver State run (I forget the actual name of the event, but it's a no-holds-barred high-speed run over about 100 miles worth of closed public highways in Nevada that's held annually) with a full NASCAR chassis. Like I said, I don't want to commit to this build yet, but it does sound like fun, and I will keep it in mind.

your talking about "The Silver State Classic". if i can find it ill give you a link to a show that aired some time ago that did an episode on the race!

your talking about "The Silver State Classic". if i can find it ill give you a link to a show that aired some time ago that did an episode on the race!

If I remember correctly Sean, that was on Stacey David's "Gearz" on Speed.

I've been away lately sorry guys, Jim no worries :(

Haven't seen that show yet... I'll have to check it out lol

And building has kinda stalled... I'm kinda in that "modeler's block" and I'm at my dad's again, but I did get some more detailing on the engine done.

• 1 month later...

I hear ya.

I was able to get some assembly and more paint done for the chassis. I didn't like how most of the scheme was black so I painted things like the sway bars and shocks red, the axles and control arms steel/aluminum, and what not. Just to give it detail.

But Richard Bell had some 18" BBS rims and tires, I am forever grateful for those B) they will look sweet with the car!

Edited by thesnake87

• 3 months later...

Sorry, I've forgotten this CBP! I have some updates, what I have done, not much but here we go... First, ignition wires are installed. They are in correct firing order, I think. And also I'm trying to figure out the stance, I have no axles, wheels or anything like that yet, and I'm going to change those front tires. But maybe stance would be something like that?

P4292470.jpg

P4292471.jpg

P4292472.jpg

P4292473.jpg

P4292474.jpg

And next I installed electric water pump. I had to install that little black part there (last picture) and I will install some wires next. I also made hole to that hood, but I'm not sure if I have to make it larger when I get blower's belt installed. But that's it for now, thanks for looking. I hope there's more coming soon.

PA024199.jpg

PA024200.jpg

PA024203.jpg

Edited by W-409

Thanks Andy! And I had to think few moments about why were you talking about Chi Town Hustler, but it's in Historic racing CBP! :lol: It would be great to see some pictures of it, and if you didn't remember to post WIP pictures- that doesn't matter. Well, of course they would have been nice to see, but anyway, I'm waiting for the finished pictures... :D

• 3 weeks later...

Nice to see more Finnish people on this forum! :D

Little update to my Charger project. I bought some Braided line from Detail Master and I built fuel line from carburetors to fuel pump. I didn't remember to buy blower belt, so I had to build one. Pullies are made from plastic tube, they need still some bolts... And the belt is paper, which is just painted black. I'm going to make some throttle linkages next, some other detailing too. And interior needs to be started too.

PB080249.jpg

PB080250.jpg

PB080251.jpg

PB080252.jpg

I tried to add some black wash, I think Detailer works fine, but I'm not sure about the user.. :wacko:

PB080253.jpg

Edited by W-409