Model Cars Magazine Forum

Malco Mustang Gasser

Let me add some addtional information. The car I built was the 69 Red Mr. Gasket car which originally came with a 1 piece Clear body. The resin body done by AFX was based on the 69 Clear Body kit. My car is based on the AFX resin body with the nose seperated. They also did a "correct" 67 nose for the Malco Gasser which was the "blue" car.

There was also a corrected 67 Resin Body done by Fremont Resins, but they closed a couple of years ago.

Below is a link to my album of my build of the 69 Red Car. Email me if you have any ????

Len's 69 Mr Gasket Mustang Gasser

Edited by Len Woodruff

Len, as a new member and returning modeler... first of all thanks for the advice and the list of things to aquire for my "Quest" (LOL). I'll begin collecting things off the list as I can get my hands on them.

I will in fact take you advice to build a few kits previously to takling the Malco. I know my skills need polishing. I haven't built a car model in probably a decade.

Thanks again,

Edited by purplehornies

• 2 weeks later...
Only for the majority of the parts. The original MPC body was a 67 in the back, (sorta) and a 66 front clip (kinda). Not real accurate but a fun build just the same. it would be a good place to start for the frame and front suspension. I was actually mastering a 1/25 cammer that's more correct to go along with the body, but it got put on the back burner. I will make some more. It's a matter of finding one to cast it for me. It's beyond my casting abilities thus far as I can only do minor open mold stuff.

Paul

I would be very interested in one of these bodies.