Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dodge Bros

Nope , with the right reference Material and Sratch Building Skills would make this a possibility . All those built in the Eara you seek were wooden Framed Bodies with Sheet Metal attached to make Body Panels . Keep us in the loop if you take this on as a WIP please ? Thanx ..

The Dodge Brother's Bodies made all of the Closed Body Car Bodies for FoMoCo until River Rouge . All these were of the current Technology then employed then . My Grandparents had no faith in all steel construction for Vehicles . In the late 20's moves were made away from this dubious foible . Dodge may be a leader or Pioneer in this unbeknownst to me . I thank you for sharing this . I do not know everything . Horrace and John Dodge produced Dodge Automobiles starting in 1913 . Henry dumped this Business Venture when river rouge was about to be built or during the Construction . I do know the naysayers declared the "Turret Top" of the thirties as a hazard to life and limb .

I think a straight forward scratch build is possible . The slab sided Bodywork's you seek did not have much Crowning (curve) built into it . Thanx ..

Thanks for the replies guys. I just don't have that much of confidence in my scratch building skills. If it's so easy to scratch build, why doesn't someone make a resin body? I think they would break the bank & not be able to keep up with sales. They would have to have a ton of back stock before announcing they had them in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

I was wrong about the Inception of the first Dodge Automobile . Budd had introduced the concept in 1912 . The Very first Dodge had all Steel body in the 1914 MY instead of the wrongly noted '13 from me . The Dodge Brothers started in Automobile Business making Engines for ransom E Olds . Moved to transmissions for Olds . Engines , Transmissions and differentials for Henry . Dodge was the second largest selling nameplate in the USA up until 1920 . I stand corrected .

I must add here once again ; up to the 1985 MY the 85 Safety Improvements to Car , GM made one contribution . The Collapsible Steering Colum was the only . The Federal Government paid the entire cost for the development . This significance of this Dodge contribution is not overlooked by me . Yes , I would like to add some more Veteran cars to my Fords . Thanx ..

The Dodge Brother's Bodies made all of the Closed Body Car Bodies for FoMoCo until River Rouge . All these were of the current Technology then employed then . My Grandparents had no faith in all steel construction for Vehicles . In the late 20's moves were made away from this dubious foible . Dodge may be a leader or Pioneer in this unbeknownst to me . I thank you for sharing this . I do not know everything . Horrace and John Dodge produced Dodge Automobiles starting in 1913 . Henry dumped this Business Venture when river rouge was about to be built or during the Construction . I do know the naysayers declared the "Turret Top" of the thirties as a hazard to life and limb .

I think a straight forward scratch build is possible . The slab sided Bodywork's you seek did not have much Crowning (curve) built into it . Thanx ..

Dodge brothers made engines for Ford. Serval companies made bodies for Ford. But, not Dodge. They never even made their own bodies. As you correctly noted in your third posting here, Budd did that.

Scott

Edited by unclescott58